+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Screaming during labor

I lay quietly thinking WTF and then lost my $hit when she crowned and was born ( still with my knickers on) cause I had only been in labour for 40 mins! I stand by the shock of it all for the vile language and screaming that occurred!! *blush*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-11-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was very vocal when laboring with DD lots of groaning and moaning and a bit of screaming mostly just loud Ahhhing though, whatever get's em out I say! I'm not sure how long I pushed with her for but it was very quick, less than 5 min but I consciously decided to push her out. With DS1 I was very quiet (traumatic birth) took me 1.5hrs to push him out. With DS2 there was a fair bit of noise, not as much as with DD and it took 4 min from cervix-my arms for him to come out (didn't really push I had the fetal ejection reflex). One of the bonuses of being at home for the last 2 was that I wasn't worried about making too much noise, and the neighbors didn't even know I had given birth.

ETA I had gas with DS1 but not while I was pushing, DS2 and DD where completely drug free (both water births).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I was very quiet both times, no screaming, moaning, grunting. Just silent. It seems to be how I deal with pain the best.

There's a joke in my family that I'm a scientologist
    lol I was the same. they asked me whether it was a planned quiet birth both times. it was just the way I ended up birthing ... quietly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I screamed, swore, yelled, shrieked (mostly when they shoved what looked like a crochet needle up me and it hurt like sh!t). Problem was, as Caz mentioned earlier, I *was* panicking because it was a posterior labour and holy hell my coxyc bone! Thought I was dying. The midwives spent a lot of time telling me to shut up, but didn't give me any alternatives to lessen the pain or even explain what was going on. Nightmare! I never want to give birth again, generally I have a freakishly high pain threshold and cope well but that was a disaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    My first son was born 11 years ago, I was 17 and had an epidural and did not feel a thing!!!!... when I was pregnant with DS2 I didn't want any drugs so I knew there would be pain (obviously!)... everyone always says "don't scream because it makes your pushing less effective" etc...

My labor was really good, I was in the shower for a few hours and as long as that hot water was on my back I was in hardly any pain... the midwife examined me and by this stage she said I could start pushing whenever I felt like it, it wasn't long before the pain/pressure was so full on that I was just yelling/screaming... a midwife from outside even came in to ask if everything was ok... but I couldn't help it... then I started feeling embarrassed that I was being so loud and even now I think about it I'm quite emarrassed because I didn't hear anyone else yelling or moaning loudly the whole time I was in the birthing suits....

While I was pregnant I watched videos about calm births and they were so quiet and peacefull, but mine was nothing like it!! I watched videos of births where the mum only let out a few moans here and there....I don't understand how anyone could be so quiet... and now when I think about my next baby I'm worried/embarrassed that i'll be the same again...

How did you react in labor? were you loud? quiet?
    I was quite, didnt scream, no drugs but was told the same thing if you scream it makes it harder, so I just bore through it and it was easy for me. I was also told if you scream then when you stop to catch your breath the baby will pull back up a bit making for a longer labor. True or not it worked for me. My longest labor was 45 minutes my shortest 7 min so maybe my mind made me believe it made me feel better. I think you just have to do what feels right for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Screaming during labor

Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    lol I was the same. they asked me whether it was a planned quiet birth both times. it was just the way I ended up birthing ... quietly.
    I was very still and silent in labour with jasper. To the point Df was watching the monitor and telling me I was having contractions. Like he thought I didn't know

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I screamed my head off with second labour and feel as you do. I don't really think it helped though and I felt very out of control. First labour was a waterbirth and much calmer. This time I'm doing a calmbirth course , I am really scared ofs labour this time round. My 2nd Wss so much worse then my first.

Thanks
    Reviews

Silent with moans with first.

Dead silent through everything with second

Thanks
    Reviews

Pretty quiet with my first two. With my third, though, it was a different story.
    I discovered that my epidural was only working on one side during the last hour if contractions when I dilated from 4-10 cm. Bub had also turned posterior, and was hitting a nerve, so I was feeling the contractions from my rib cage to my knee on the side it wasn't working.
    I swore, screamed, cried and practically levitated above the bed for that hour...

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I gave birth to my DD just under 4 months ago and all I can say is, thank god for that lovely plastic device from which you breathe in the gas!!! My coping mechanism was to bite down and chew it as each contraction struck; it kept me pretty quiet... up until I was 8cm's.. then I just repeated the word "No!" over and over and over whenever a contraction peaked. I was induced and bubba was posteria so the pain was unbearable, worse than it was with my first by far.

Dh was scared I was breaking my teeth and I apologised through the pain to the nurse for ruining the gas valve.. it was clamped closed towards the end due to my biting down on it, lol..