+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Screaming during labor

I was silent and moaned through contractions. I couldn't speak. As soon as the epidural kicked in I could hold a conversation again. I ended up having a caesarian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Screaming during labor

I screamed full open mouth top of my lungs scream once with katelyn when they did the saline injections into my back. Single most painful moment of my life. Blind searing pain. Kinda worth it but I could never ever do it again knowing what would be coming.

Otherwise I huffed and puffed and cried and groaned and sobbed and argued and begged. I shrieked a few times between contractions when babies head kept retreating back. Shrieks of frustration. I also yelled something like "Damn stupid movies!" Lol. Because they don't crown 5+ times in movies :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't scream but I moaned like a wild animal through contractions in the later stages. I didn't even realise I was doing it, it just came out of me. The midwife told me I was being silly. She also ignored my pleas to push for an hour. Told me I was being silly and had hours to go and it was normal to feel pressure (ie "my shift finishes in 1.5hrs and I don't feel like delivering your baby"). Finally got to the point that I told her I was going to push whether she was willing to participate or not and she said "alright fine, I'll check to see how far along you are but I'm only doing it to reassure you that you've got a while to go". Needless to say one look between my legs and she told me to push and that the baby would be there within 5 minutes. I was so relieved to finally be pushing that I felt zero pain while she came out and I had a 2nd degree tear.

If I ever give birth again I'll moan as loudly as I want and push whenever I want!

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't scream As such, more yell. And I swear a lot! I can't help it, and it just felt like I was getting nowhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I scream, yell, get angry. My labour and birth with ds1 was quiet quick. I went from nothing to OMG in no time so no one had a chance to say shh. With ds2 it was a little longer but I still was incredibly loud. It's just how I cope with pain. I find it help me to make noise as it distracts me from the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had no idea there was this notion of 'people looking down on those that make noise etc during labour', that's new to me.

When I have been in acute pain, (labour/appendicitis etc) I 'go inside myself', so I make next to no noise and barely even speak as I am just zoning and more or less meditating through the pain.

In terms of labour, although I make little to no noise, I remain very active and stomp, walk around and move to trick my brain into focusing on my movements not the pain I am experiencing, so I guess my 'movement and activity' is in lieu of making any noise etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm loud! My labour bible is birth skills by juju sundin and my favourite pain blocking method from there is 'vocalizing'. She said to yell louder than the pain! So as my contractions got stronger so did my yells! Not an uncontrolled scream but more saying "aaahhh". I was VERY loud by the end but none of the staff mentioned it or made me feel bad. Well they is until the next day when dh ran into an ob buddy of his. The ob turned to me and said "oh it's you who was yelling down the labour ward yesterday!" Yep, I sank into a little hole then lol

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was very quiet both times, no screaming, moaning, grunting. Just silent. It seems to be how I deal with pain the best.

There's a joke in my family that I'm a scientologist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was fairly quiet for my first labour but screamed heaps in my second labour ( at least I felt like I did, dh tells me I didn't scream that much so maybe I was screaming more in my head? Or he is just trying to make me feel better).
    My midwife was never bothered, I remember her saying to the student midwife something like " hear that primal sound she is making, that is the sound of transitioning" and she was stop on too.

Thanks
    Reviews

I screamed like I was being tortured (kinda was), and since birth suite was full I was in my room on the maternity ward at 10pm while all the mammas and newborns were trying to sleep lol I was constantly being told to be quiet. I bet everyone was glad when I got rushed to theatre. I told them he was stuck and that's why I was screaming but no one believed me except DH!