+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heavy Bleeding at 10 weeks

Hi Ladies,
    I am in my 11th week and a few days ago, I started to bleed heavily it was like an open tap(sorry for the weird example but it really was) for over 1.5hrs. We rushed to ER at Cabrini. I was almost certain that it was all over but surprisingly and thankfully the baby was all fine.
    Obs thinks I ruptured a blood vessel and suggested I take it easy this week. I am still very uneasy thinking about those few hours. Wondering if anyone else has ever heard of anything similar?

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have heard of some other Hubbers who have gone through this and had a successful pregnancy.
    Are you having a 12 week scan? That's not far away and will give you peace of mind otherwise id go to the doc and get a referral for one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Heavy Bleeding at 10 weeks

Glad to hear everything was ok, I bled at 5 weeks with ds and was convinced I was having a miscarriage but he is now 13 months,

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have had heavy bleeding earlier on in my pregnancy, no cause was ever found but I am now 28 weeks and bub is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Heavy Bleeding at 10 weeks

I had a mc at 10 weeks, started as spotting and then progressed into something like a period. It didn't proceed naturally so I needed medical assistance to complete it.

If you're concerned speak to your Dr. About another scan. They won't think you're an annoyingly crazy pregnant woman, they'll understand.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I bleed heavily in and off including passing big clots during my pregnancy. I had a sub chorionic haematoma and it was very stressful and meant frequent scans and trips to the ER, but miraculously it caused no long term harm to my baby. It's quite a common thing, but one you don't hear much about...many GPs have never heard of it.

Just wanted to reassure you that heavy bleeding doesn't always signal something sinister. Hope it all turns out fine for you. My little man is 2 and healthy as a horse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone,feels better to know I am not alone. Good luck to u all.