+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 9 month old down to 1 sleep, refusing 2, anyone else?

My ds2 is only having 1 day sleep approx 1 1/2-2hrs. He goes down for this sleep around 1030/11 (3hrs after he wakes).

Should I stretch him out to go down later seeing that he is refusing the 2nd sleep that is usuall due around 3/4pm.

Can you please share your routine for 9m old on one sleep?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews

At 9 months DD would wake at 7ish go down at 9am for 1.5 hours then again at 2pm for another 1.5 hours. Then it was bed at 7pm. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm having the same issue with my almost 9mo DD2.

She's never been a great day sleeper, the best I was getting out of her was 3 x 40 min naps but the past 3 days she's refused her morning nap and then gone on to sleep 90 mins in the afternoon.

This isn't working though because she's gets tired again shortly after she wakes up from the arvo nap and it's then too late to put her back down for another nap and it's too early to put her to bed for the night as its still daylight and she won't settle for the night unless it's dark.

Arh, hoping we find a way to get her back to get normal nap cause it's turned the house upside down with her late afternoon tired-crankiness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: 9 month old down to 1 sleep, refusing 2, anyone else?

I had serious problems with DS at around the same age (he was 10 months). He used to have 2 naps one mid morning and the other mid afternoon. But he started refusing to sleep in the morning so it went from taking me 5 minutes to get him down to 1.5 hrs! It had been an ongoing fight for a month! In the end I followed his lead and started putting him down at 12:30 every day. Its very rare for him to fight his nap and he sleeps for up to three hours. His day naps have never been better!

In the begining it was a bit of a battle to stretch him out but I knew if I tried getting him down in the morning that he would refuse and he would end up more upset and cranky. The transition to one nap can sometimes be difficult but it just takes time to adjust for them. You can always try and stretch him and see how he is with just the one nap but you know him best so if it feels right then go with it. Good luck I know how hard it is

Just to add the routine:

8am Breakfast and maybe a bottle

10am Morning tea

11:30-12 Lunch

12:30-1pm Bottle and bed

3-4pm Wake up and afternoon tea

5:30pm Dinner

6pm Bath then bottle

And he was always asleep by 6:30pm. I found that he wasnt fighting bedtime when we got his nap sorted And he was sleeping most of the night with one or two wake ups for a bottle. This is what worked for us and Its no miracle worker because every baby is different but no harm in trying Oh and I should add DS is now 15 months.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 06-12-2012 at 22:28.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slf2205 View Post
    At 9 months DD would wake at 7ish go down at 9am for 1.5 hours then again at 2pm for another 1.5 hours. Then it was bed at 7pm. Hope this helps
    This was my DS exactly at 9mths - right up until about a week ago (15mths). We are now transitioning to 1 sleep because that's all he gets at daycare 3 days a week - it's hard stretching them out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD went to one nap at about 6 months! She now has a 1.5 - 2 hour nap at lunch time and is in bed at 7pm, out like a light (she's 14 months).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DS since 3mths has refused to take more then one nap a day. Finally I caved and stopped trying, from about 5-12mths he went down between 11-12 and woke between 3-4:30, after that it got pushed back to going down later. Now 22mths he goes down between 1-2 and is up between 3and4. Obviously not much of a day time sleeper!