+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Landlord vent

So yesterday I was hanging my washing outside (share a washing line with my landlord) and was just hanging out the last item when mrs landlord comes running out of her house...
    "oh "renter" I have tons more washing to hang out and todays my only day off!"
    I just said to her "yeah?"

It's just not fair that i'm not ALLOWED to hang out my washing when she's at home
    Im sorry lady but you have a dryer I do not, have you not ever tried rotating your washing on the line before? (ie when one load is dry bring it in and then hang new stuff)
    There are 4 sides to the washing line and 1 load takes one side so that's 4 loads of washing on the line at any one time.... I can't use 1 side????
    You are just 2 people in a 4 bedroom house, we are a family of 4 renting your shotty one bedroom granny flat.
    All I want is for them to fix our broken front steps, rehang our bathroom door so I can close it and fill the giant hole in the bathroom floor. Oh yes and be able to use one side of the bloody washing line without being hassled

Urghhh........

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Landlord vent

That's terrible you should have just taken one side as you said and when she said that you should have said "great that's why I left 3 sides for you"

Seriously if she is taking rent from you and the line was considered common property then she has no more right over it than you. IMO

Seriously this actually annoyed me reading it. Hugs it all works out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh wow.. I could not handle living so close to a landlord.. constant reminder that your 'home' is not really your home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Seriously if she is taking rent from you and the line was considered common property then she has no more right over it than you. IMO
    That's right. Unless it's in your conditions that she gets x days and you get x days it's basically if its free use it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Landlord vent

No rules set up for common use areas inc washing line.
    Private rental so I can't complain to anyone but myself, dp and the bh crew lol

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

That attitude sucks! When I first moved to Melbourne I shared a unit with the owner. I paid the going rate for a rental but somehow only had two shelves in the kitchen lol. I didn't stay too long there cos of the "you're on my turf" attitude.

Another place I shared, the other tenant rented too but had been there a long time. I had the use of one cupboard in the kitchen (full kitchen with a dozen cupboards). One day I put my lunch box under the kitchen sink, and the next morning it had been moved back into "my" cupboard. I moved out after that, it was just the straw that broke...

People like that are happy to take your money but forget they need to give you half the space in return. Did you get all your washing done on the end mistrezz?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    People like that are happy to take your money but forget they need to give you half the space in return. Did you get all your washing done on the end mistrezz?
    I did get it done thank you, but I had to use my indoor line that takes 4 times as long to dry and only holds 1/3 of a load of washing
    Im still waiting for the last lot to dry though

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Landlord vent

I will never again live that close to a landlord. I did years back. He had a business on the property so would go there frequently.

Except he felt it was his duty to snoop around the house when he felt like (and his business wasn't even near the house!). Not to mention that once I hung up a picture, just 1, in a place you couldn't see unless you were in the house and he magically found it and complained. The agent told him I had permission and how on earth did he know where it was.

Never ever again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the replies.
    If this happens again I WILL be having "words" with her ;-)