+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I hate my neighbours!!

Due to one of my neighbours being a deal dealing tosser, I will have to call in sick tomorrow because I will have to deal with the police.

Tosser decided to flip out tonight, attacked several people, chased one in a car, running into another neighbours carport, knocking bins over and running down our front fence in the process. We rent, so that is going to be Awesome to explain to the real estate *sigh*
    At least he left his front bumper on my lawn so they could get the number plate out.

What really sucks, is I like my house. We are comfortable here, our real estate likes us and we don't mind them. But now I sit back and think, even though we hate moving and like it here, do we really want to stay here with a drug dealing maniac living across the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

I was in the same situation as you months ago!! We moved to a house that seemed nice and affordable since we just had a baby and needed to start somewhere. Little did we know that some of the houses around us were housing commission!!

Our next door neighbors were very nice, but the people across the road and houses nearby were drug dealers and trouble makers. The drug dealer man had different cars coming all hours throughout the day and night. Even though he was nice to us and did not cause any trouble I was always afraid that any of his "customer" might one day decide to have a bit of a snoop in my house.

I was home during the day with 3 kids and had no car and my husband worked at night. I felt very unsafe. although I felt comfortable most of the time and we also really liked the Landlord and the immediate neighbors, we did decide to move after 2 years when we were able to afford it.

I think most of the time, as long as you keep away from hanging out with them or making contact and you stay pretty neutral they won't bother you but by the sounds of it, they are getting very close to your comfort zone.

I was able to last 2 years but I was always vigilant in locking my doors etc so I felt somewhat safe. Do what you think is best for your safety. Do you have security screens? Flood Lights? dead lock? IF not you have a valid reason in the meantime to ask for them esp. after this incident.

goodluck x
    Last edited by Mynameisalice; 21-11-2012 at 02:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I hate my neighbours!!

We have been here just over 18 months. The town we live in hasn't got the best rep, it is a cheap suburb so of course you are going to get some rough heads around. This guy fortunately lives across the street, not right next door. There have been arguments before, but only one incident involving the police (one of the officers that was here last time just took my statement) last time the cops were here it took 6 of them to skull drag him out of the house and into their cop car. They know him well :/ it is his mum that own the house.

So aside from the arguments, we don't usually have issues, we just ignore them and go on our way. Life is just much scarier now that he has a car and I'm scared that if for some reason I had to go to court that he would come after me (unlikely I will be called but there is still that chance)

The house has security screens, but the whole place isn't in the best order after being flooded last year and this guy is large and I have no doubt would be able to force himself through something, or put it past him to attack my DP when she leaves for work at stupid hours of the morning (great, I just found something else to freak myself out about)

This is honestly the first time I have felt unsafe in over 18 months of living here....