+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Husband's snoring

My dad is a bad snorer, you hear him across the whole house.
    Idk how mum sleeps with it,

I am a very light sleeper, sometimes i am going off my nut cos dp is 'breathing' to loudly, i feel sorry for him but if i don't get sleep then the whole day is ruined,

Heaven is dp sleeping on the couch,

Strangely though ds's breathing doesn't bother me

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Husband's snoring

Oh sorry! The mouth guard is actually called SnoreMender - it's worked for my DF and fixed the sleep apnea too, which to the poster that asked, yep it can be dangerous as far as I'm aware, to do with the lack of oxygen to the brain when holding their breath.

Thanks
    Reviews

I squish his nose really hard, and he stops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find pregnancy heightens my annoyance of such things, atm it is just the sound of hubby breathing at night that drives me nuts. I have even pulled a ned Flanders and screeched at him to 'breathe through his damn mouth' but to no avail.
    I try to go to sleep before him and I will then usually sleep through his noises, on a bad night I just go sleep I a different room. Pushing him sometimes works if he is snoring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am such a light sleeper it is horrible as every noise wakes me .. I have to kick my man out he sleeps in the spare bedroom quite often .. Then I get the best nights sleep !!!

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH has had his tonsils out this year which has actually stopped his sleep apnea completely and also decrease the loudness of his snoring (although its still there - it's a whole lot better).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I wore earplugs before we had DS.

These days DH gets a nudge from me if he wakes me with his snoring. If I have to nudge him more than three times I kick him out into the bed in the spare room. He doesn't mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I kick him or wake him up and ask him to roll over on his left. Whivh usually involves him saying "yes" and not moving.

If it gets bad one of us sleeps on the lounge room floor on the couch cushions. It's harder to deal with when I'm already tired from a wakeful toddler or pregnancy insomnia. He also snores more when he comes to bed really really late

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes sleep apnoea can be dangerous. The lack of oxygen puts excess strain on the heart and can have effects on many parts of the body.
    Snoring at night and then doing the whole stopping breathing and gasping for breath are indicators for it. Also if person wakes tired and has trouble staying awake during the day. When the person gasps for breath, the body has woken itself up enough to breathe, so it is very difficult to have a proper sleep.
    If you suspect you have it or your partner has it, get a sleep study. Often the person requires cpap (continuous positive airway pressure), which keeps the airway open.

My dh snores occasionally, but like a pp mentioned, don't even get me started when he breathes! (God forbid). I keep telling him to stop

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLadyBojangles View Post
    so he bought this mouth guard thing he'd seen years ago on late night tv ads. It's called the SnoreMaster and it actually works!!
    Guess who just PayPal'd one of these beauties?