+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Did you return to work for reasons other than for financial reasons?

If so, what were the reasons, how old was your baby and how many days did you return ?

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 20-11-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was lonely and getting depressed so went back when dd1 was 10wks old for 8hrs a week.

Just enough for pocket money and company.

Bumped hours up to 12/wk when she was 1-1.5yrs and then 16hrs till I went on mat leave again.

I'm going back to work when dd2 is 7mths for 15/wk cos we bought a house. Otherwise I'd have been a SAHP for longer. I'm enjoying it now.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 21-11-2012 at 05:46.

Thanks
    Reviews

I will be going back three days a week (hopefully) when DS is 9 months old.

I don't find being a SAHM intellectually stimulating enough and have worked hard to establish my career. I'll barely be making anything after paying for day care at $120 a day before rebate and no CCB but that's a short term thing. As my salary increases and I increase my days in the next couple of years this will improve.

And there are financial reasons too. But we could definitely live on DH's salary alone if we wanted to completely change our lifestyle and move to the burbs. But we don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I went back for two days a week when DS was 10 months old because I wanted to keep my job/career.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work earlier than planned due to PND! I wasn't coping at home alone all the time. At first it was 2 days per week when DD was 10 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews

As an RN you can only have 2years before you must return to work to maintain your registration. Hence I'm back at work 2 days a week. The logistics is a nightmare. But I can lose my registration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read about a few mums that have returned due to PND. I don't have PND, but have had a horrible year (death of my dad, my mum diagnosed with cancer), so I'm kinda looking forward to getting out of the house and going to work 3 days. I would have loved 2, but very hard to timetable 2 days in my line of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I enjoy being at home with DD, but I also really enjoy my work (yes, I'm weird)! I initially went back 2 days a week when she was 9 months old and then increased to 3 days when she was about 18 months or so. Been doing 4 days a week worth of hours over 3.5 days for the past few months until I go on maternity leave with bub #2 purely to boost the bank account a bit.

Edit: Ohh and we can't afford mortgage on DH's wage alone, so there was financial incentive too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Back to work 3 days/week when ds was 15 months old due to PND. It saved both our lives!!