Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Short skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    hussy!!
    And i work with CHILDREN! Won't somebody think of the children??

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (20-11-2012),Mokeybear  (20-11-2012),WineTime  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Short skirts?

Those children will be traumatized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I really don't think 15cm above the knee is shocking. Really? It's shocking? I am somewhere in crazy land with Benji.... Seriously, go measure where 15cm goes to. I did. Here's me in a work dress (granted, 8.5 months pregnant and with crazy bed hair but you get the idea)
    That hemline is 15cm. It's a short skirt (probably one of my shorter ones) but i've never had anyone do a double take when they saw me wear it because it's so unbelievably short.

Attachment 27894

Jezebel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, I wear short(ish) skirts to work. I'm professional and I usually look a bit dowdy TBH, I don't have a lot of time for dressing myself up, chuck on something that's clean and off I go. Luckily my colleagues and my superiors have more important things to concern themselves with than what I'm wearing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (20-11-2012),WineTime  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Come on girls... Why are we all getting so defensive about this?

It is common knowledge that in MOST professional workplaces it is expected that skirts be to the knee.

Why are we all nit picking at VicPark... I sure know I've made the "Dressed like a Hooker" analogy before.. . Who hasn't.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (20-11-2012),TimTamsandTea  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I really don't think 15cm above the knee is shocking. Really? It's shocking? I am somewhere in crazy land with Benji.... Seriously, go measure where 15cm goes to. I did. Here's me in a work dress (granted, 8.5 months pregnant and with crazy bed hair but you get the idea)
    That hemline is 15cm. It's a short skirt (probably one of my shorter ones) but i've never had anyone do a double take when they saw me wear it because it's so unbelievably short.

Attachment 27894

May I add you look AMAZING!!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Short skirts?

Attachment 27894

That's not too short at all....
    Did you measure from the bottom or top of your knee? My guesstimate of the lady at works skirt was originally off. It was probably closer to 18-20 from the top of the knee. Wayyyyyy shorter than this pic. It was closer to her crack than her knee. It was tighter too (skin tight) and a skirt not a dress so perhaps that created an illusion of being shorter.
    Last edited by VicPark; 20-11-2012 at 22:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Not everyone works face to face with customers.
    Even if you dont see customers its still has no place in the work force, you are there to work if someone thinks you look like a street walker your fashion needs an over haul.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post

It is common knowledge that in MOST professional workplaces it is expected that skirts be to the knee.

Why are we all nit picking at VicPark... I sure know I've made the "Dressed like a Hooker" analogy before.. . Who hasn't.

Common knowledge to whom? Having spent a large portion of my working life in various public service departments I have never come across any instruction on skirt length and never known any of the women who wore skirts or dresses above the knee to be pulled aside for it.

The rest of my time has been spent is both the private and hospitality sectors and there were no issues there either. In fact the company uniform in one private company had skirts that tended to sit above the knee.

If you don't like it thats fine, but that doesn't mean a woman who wears a shorter skirt deserves to be slagged off as a hooker on the internet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post

It's a bloody awful thing to say on so many levels.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (21-11-2012),Busy-Bee  (20-11-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast