Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a discussion with a much taller colleague one day about this (then again, all of my work colleagues are much taller LOL).

I wear what some people may think are short skirts, but they're longer on me than they would've been on my colleagues.

If I'm wearing a tailored skirt, it may be shorter than a skirt with flare. I don't flash my knickers, and the thought of hot pants in any office type environment is just inappropriate and not comparable.

I might post some pics in here later to show what I mean. At my current work we don't have a set uniform or set length of skirt or whatever, it's up to us to decide appropriate.

I sort of giggle when I think of the idea of appropriateness anyway, like the fact that I like tighter tops rather than looser ones, as I treat people in a clinic and am bending over (whilst seated, so don't worry about the skirt length), so I think it's more appropriate to have a top which may outline my chest than to have patients cop an eyeful down my neckline.

In other work places, looser tops may be more appropriate.

It's more about the overall look, not individual pieces in my work place

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Short skirts?

I wear short skirts almost every day at work. Almost all above the knee, some considerably above the knee. Meh.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Short skirts?

There's no way my workplace would allow a skirt considerably above the knee. I'm pretty sure if I rocked up in one i'd be reprimanded. It's a very professional environment with big name clients and a short skirt would not go down well at all with both the company and the clients.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Short skirts?

I guess it all comes back to dress standards/etiquette slowly slipping/relaxing. I mean, look at that was being worn on the 1900's! They would not believe the stuff we wear today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've always worn knee length skirts, though I do favour pants.

There are no workplace guidelines for skirt length at my office. The skirt in our uniform is just below the knee.

I don't think micro mini skirts are professional workplace attire.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and my intimation regarding height is that for some one inch above the knee may show knickers when you bend over, and for others two inches still doesn't. Flary skirts are more likely to show your knickers when you bend over (unless micro minis) than tighter skirts.

Some pants show more curves of bottoms than skirts of a shorter variety do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post

Some pants show more curves of bottoms than skirts of a shorter variety do.
    I think this is relevant. VicPark, if you want lines to be drawn at skirt lengthscthen do you also want rules around how tight pants are? Ive worked with men who wear pants that look uncomfortably tight around the butt/groin area. Im sure someone somewhere finds that offensive.

For the record, I'm with Bec. This is a non issue.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (20-11-2012),shelle65  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just used my tape measure to figure out exactly where 15cm above my knee would be. For me, it's a bit less than mid-thigh.

I don't have particularly nice thighs, so it wouldn't be something I'd wear to work, but if there's no policy about skirt length, I don't think it's necessarily unprofessional. It really depends how it's worn. I've seen women wear shorts of a similar length (tailored shorts) and they look great, not tarty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short skirts have no place in the work place. It looks tacky and can really turn off some customers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Short skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I think this is relevant. VicPark, if you want lines to be drawn at skirt lengthscthen do you also want rules around how tight pants are? Ive worked with men who wear pants that look uncomfortably tight around the butt/groin area. Im sure someone somewhere finds that offensive.

For the record, I'm with Bec. This is a non issue.
    Funny you should say that... One man years ago used to wear tight tight bike shorts in the office of the morning (on his way to the showers) that showed his frank and beans off. Really in your face. He got a talking to and stopped popping by in his way to the showers.

I know there are different opinions and that's ok. But this girl really did look like a cheap hooker. I would be embarassed if she was on my team and we had to meet with clients...