Closed Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Short skirts?

Seems like lawyers like to show a bit of leg
    I've just been at an Ob appointment. Her skirt was shorter than 15cm, and flippy too.
    I'm going to be looking at hemlines for weeks!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Exactly. And nothing like the top of a thong being exposed on low slung pants.

I suspect a lot of these companies have codes dating back to the 80s and need a bit of updating. Also reflect the shopper I suspect ie granny doesn't want to see your butt cheeks when she's buying her undies. Rather than having a technical policy about certain number of CMs above the knee they just say knee length.
    Absolutely. Lazy policy. I actually think a fitted knee length skirt would be much less practical if stocking shelves etc. I like to have movement of my legs lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From my corporate melbourne days ALL of my skirts were above the knee, some WELL above the knee. Most of my co-workers dressed the same. I was going to post a pic of my 'average' length skirt but im verrrry intoxicated in it.

Absolutely you can show some leg and still be classy. Maybe if her boobs her popping out too then i'd agree with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it depends on the skirt.
    A tailoured business skirt with stockings looks absolutely fine IMO.
    A workfriend of mine came to work the other day in a tight lycra mini skirt that was a good 30cm from her knee, bare legs, ballet flats, and a drapey cardigan that covered the back of her skirt. I did make a comment to someone that it appears that she's forgotten to wear a skirt to work today. LOL.

I did try to google images to find an example of a nice short business skirt that looked respectable, but found these instead. I'm undecided. Too short?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G4eY45biPZ...ini-skirts.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Short skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I think it depends on the skirt.
    A tailoured business skirt with stockings looks absolutely fine IMO.
    A workfriend of mine came to work the other day in a tight lycra mini skirt that was a good 30cm from her knee, bare legs, ballet flats, and a drapey cardigan that covered the back of her skirt. I did make a comment to someone that it appears that she's forgotten to wear a skirt to work today. LOL.

I did try to google images to find an example of a nice short business skirt that looked respectable, but found these instead. I'm undecided. Too short?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G4eY45biPZ...ini-skirts.jpg
    Awkward, that's me and my BFF on our way to work...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to escapethefate For This Useful Post:

CMF  (21-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Seems like lawyers like to show a bit of leg
    I've just been at an Ob appointment. Her skirt was shorter than 15cm, and flippy too.
    I'm going to be looking at hemlines for weeks!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Yes I suspect all this thread has done is established that us lawyers are a bunch of slappers . All those torrid, longing looks across the desk and board room table, brushing up against each other in the library, asking another colleague if you can re number their affidavit ... Ooh salacious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Short skirts?

Am i the only one who read this thread and immediately thought of the scene in Bridget Jones‘ Diary when her boss is flirting with her via email?

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post

I think OP, you must harbour some very deep resentful feelings towards the young woman and suggest that you deal with your feelings and stop projecting them upon other people.
    A big Fail for you on the amateur psycho analysis front!
    - as I mentioned earlier I have no idea who the lady at work was, I'd never met her before
    - I never mentioned the ladies age. She wasn't young, but that's another issue for perhaps a "mutton dressed as lamb" thread..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Ok in the interests of empirical research, on my way into work this morning (in the legal precinct in Melbourne) I've been counting the number of skirts I see that are well above the knee. I've lost count at 73. These people are all wearing suit jackets, heels etc and are clearly on their way to work in a professional workplace. I'd take some photos if it wouldn't appear creepy. Here's the length of my dress today.
    That skirts not too bad at all...

After having a look around at work today I think it's other things combined with length that make a short skirt inappropriate in a professional setting (IMO).
    - skirt or dress
    - loose/flowy or skin tight Or tailored?
    - material: leopard/shiny material more blah
    - bare legs or tights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - I never mentioned the ladies age. She wasn't young, but that's another issue for perhaps a "mutton dressed as lamb" thread..
    Why are you so interested in judging what other women wear? How exactly does it affect you? I'm genuinely curious!