Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You are privileged and you are prejudiced. You are making unfair judgements about women in circumstances that you couldn't even imagine - not in your worst nightmare.

It's ignorant and it's offensive.
    Wow, you think you know everything dont you! I am no where near prejudiced towards these people, nor do I not know anything about the life some of them live. I am sure I have had way more experience with them then you have ever thought of having so why dont you take that talk somewhere else until you know exactly what and who I have dealt with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Wow, you think you know everything dont you! I am no where near prejudiced towards these people, nor do I not know anything about the life some of them live. I am sure I have had way more experience with them then you have ever thought of having so why dont you take that talk somewhere else until you know exactly what and who I have dealt with.
    Ok. You insinuated that "street walkers" are unclean and that is an awful thing to say. You also have no idea of the experience I have had with prostitutes so how about you take your ignorant, offensive opinion elsewhere.

ETA. Sorry OP for going so far off topic. I'm out now.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 20-11-2012 at 23:13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Short skirts?

This thread cracks me up!

I used to quite often where short skirts to work and, to make it worse, quite often with boots and always dark tights. I never had any negative comments made nor was I asked to wear different clothing, and one of these places had a strict uniform policy.

BUT, considering the only real life hooker I've ever seen was wearing a bikini top and cheeky shorts, I wouldn't compare the two at all, and would look down on anyone who wore that to work, other than the hooker of course😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Ok. You insinuated that "street walkers" are unclean and that is an awful thing to say. You also have no idea of the experience I have had with prostitutes so how about you take your ignorant, offensive opinion elsewhere.

ETA. Sorry OP for going so far off topic. I'm out now.
    ignorat would mean speaking without knowledge well Ill tell you I have enough knowledge on the lives they live and the troubles they have.

I raised a prostitutes 5 children for 7 months, fed them clothed them diapered them when everyone else told me not too because she was a prostitute but she wasnt just a prostitute she was a woman hurting with addictions to both drugs and the easy money she made.

I lent her money to buy food so that she could just stay home and sleep instead of working, I helped her kick the drug habit, I rushed to her aid anytime she needed it. Every time she was being beaten by her BF my husband and I went to get him out of there and make her safe. She would call at 2 am asking me to come back and take the kids because she and they weren't safe so I did. I

helped her realize that the only way to be safe is to get her BF arrested for the abuse. She moved on found a nice guy and moved to Florida to escape all this. Thats just one prostitute that we helped without ever turning our backs on her and now she is in a better place. Everyone else wanted to call CPS have her kids taken away and have her thrown in jail.

You cant even imagine what we went thru, having our lives threatened, having people flash guns at us, having people threaten to beat the crap out of us because we picked her up off the ground after she was jumped by 3 girls and hit by a truck. but it paid off for her and the children.

ETS: Paragraphs
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 20-11-2012 at 23:33.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Ok, so you did a noble and wonderful thing for a woman and her children. Good on you

However, you implied that prostitutes are all dirty/unclean. Making sweeping statements and/or stereotypes about a group of people is, by definition, being prejudice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Ok, so you did a noble and wonderful thing for a woman and her children. Good on you

However, you implied that prostitutes are all dirty/unclean. Making sweeping statements and/or stereotypes about a group of people is, by definition, being prejudice.
    I think I said the ones I knew, maybe I didnt Ill have to look back but I have never met one that looked like that lady in the pic. The ones I have known havent been clean, most on drugs and not well kept.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Short skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    One man years ago used to wear tight tight bike shorts in the office of the morning (on his way to the showers) that showed his frank and beans off. Really in your face.
    Hilarious!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    guys, can we PLEASE have one conversation that does not degenerate into petty insults and arguments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    guys, can we PLEASE have one conversation that does not degenerate into petty insults and arguments.
    I'm struggling to understand how it's petty or argumentative to remind hubbers that using words like "hooker" as a noun is really, really uncool.

Language isn't "petty". It's why we have so many words blanked on this forum. Language is powerful and something we should all be mindful of in the bubhub community.

ETA I'm not a guy.

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vic Park, I agree with you.

The story and picture you provide illustrate the type of skirt that I consider inappropriate to wear to work.

Putting that skirt on a woman who earns a three-figure salary, or a woman who is highly educated, or a woman who holds an executive position or a woman with great legs does not change that fact that the skirt is not professional attire.

This does not mean that I think women should come to work dressed in floor-length canvas bags and hide their bodies. BUT, I see a remarkable difference between choosing clothes that flatter the figure and clothes that showcase a feature.

I say leave the showcasing for after hours and the weekend.

As for the hooker reference, I cringed a little but I got your point. I understood your use of the word to be descriptive, not derogatory.
    Last edited by TimTamsandTea; 21-11-2012 at 00:38.