+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

I had my dating scan at 6+4 (external with 1 litre of water 1 hour before the appointment) and we saw a little jellybean shaped bub plus the flicker (heartbeat) :-)

Having my 12w scan on Saturday (I'll be 12+5) Another external one and have to drink the 1 litre of water again...it can be a bit uncomfortable with such a full bladder!!

Congratulations! And all the best with your pregnancy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Howard, yes they were able to see the flicker of the HB and hear a clear heartbeat during my external scan at 6 wk 3 days.

Retaining 1L water in the bladder.... Very hard! I am someone that has to pee all the time cause I reckon I've a small bladder. Thankfully I didn't wet myself. But it's very tough to do. Especially when the sonographer really presses on your belly to get a clearer pic of the foetus. You have to start drinking the water 90 mins before ultrasound is booked for, then complete your 1L within half an hr. I'll be doing this once again next Wednesday, eek!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

I had transvaginal scans at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I'm a bigger girl plus I have a tilted uterus so they got much better pics doing them than external scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Dating Scan

I have an external at 6+2 and saw a heartbeat.

I emptied my bladder an hour beforehand then drank 600mls. I was sooo busting I ended up peeing 4 times before my appointment ad my bladder was still "nice and full" the technician told me

At my 12 week scan last pregnancy I didn't even bother drinking and I won't again this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post

I emptied my bladder an hour beforehand then drank 600mls. I was sooo busting I ended up peeing 4 times before my appointment ad my bladder was still "nice and full" the technician told me

At my 12 week scan last pregnancy I didn't even bother drinking and I won't again this time.
    It's funny how they expect a pregnant woman to be able to hold 1L of urine for over an hour!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

mybelly  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post

Good, if u didn't drink it/ not drinking it, I won't either. I'll be 10.5 wks at my scan next week. There's noooo way I can keep one litre of water down with my crippling m.s. Not a chance, unless they give it to my intravenously!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by Leahmaree View Post
    I had transvaginal scans at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I'm a bigger girl plus I have a tilted uterus so they got much better pics doing them than external scans.
    I've got a tilted uterus too. Did they see much at your 6 week scan? I've got a scan at 6w 5d and am concerned that they won't see anything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I've got a tilted uterus too. Did they see much at your 6 week scan? I've got a scan at 6w 5d and am concerned that they won't see anything.
    I had a scan cause I had a bleed. All I saw at 6 weeks and I think 5 days was the sack, but it had a heartbeat. 2 weeks later it had tiny arms and legs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    At my first scan at 9 weeks we couldn't see anything with an external scan so had to have an internal. However I have a retroverted uterus which didn't help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    At my first scan at 9 weeks we couldn't see anything with an external scan so had to have an internal. However I have a retroverted uterus which didn't help!
    This exactly! I had my dating scan at 9+3 and we couldn't see a thing nor hear a heartbeat. I freaked out! We did an internal and there was my perfect bub measuring 9+3 exactly with a nicve strong heartbeat. Turns out I have a retroverted uterus.