+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

Just a quick question regarding dating scans...

When I go for my first scan I will be 8+5, is it likely that this will be an internal scan or just a regular abdominal scan?

it wont be an internal... I hate those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it wouldn't be an internal hun. I had a scan at 5wks 4days and they couldn't see anything besides two sacs and they just had me come back in two wks, didn't try internal. So at 8+5 I think you will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

I've had two scans. The first was at about 5w5d and needed to be an internal as they couldn't see much otherwise.

The next one was at 7w5d and they could see everything without needing an internal.

I definitely don't think you will need an internal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i think Likely external. Had a dating scan last yr with preg #2, at 6wk3 days which was external, with a full bladder.

For preg #3, having an external next week at 10.5 weeks, again with 1L water in the bladder.

Only time I had internal (transvaginal ultrasound) was at 11.5 weeks pregnant with preg #1. That's cause I'd had a m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

It depends on a few things. Since I'm a big girl, they have to look through a heap of fat when they do externals. So even with my 12 week scan, it was more accurate as an internal. They may do both? While bubs is so tiny, internals are more accurate. I was a bit uncomfortable about the thought of an internal but once I saw the baby I didn't mind :-)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by mybelly View Post
    Yep i think Likely external. Had a dating scan last yr with preg #2, at 6wk3 days which was external, with a full bladder.

For preg #3, having an external next week at 10.5 weeks, again with 1L water in the bladder.

Only time I had internal (transvaginal ultrasound) was at 11.5 weeks pregnant with preg #1. That's cause I'd had a m/c.
    Mybelly - where u able to see pregnancy #2 at 6wks 3days ? Reason i ask is because I have booked a dating scan and just realised its 2 days before I am actually 7wks and the GP said seven weeks....does anyone know if it matters that it is slightly early ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by mybelly View Post

1L?! HOW CAN YOU HOLD THAT MUCH?! If your bladder is too full they make you pee a bit out (happened to me when I had my m/c last year).

And to answer the OP, it will most likely be external

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

I only ever had scans 12wks onwards and they were all ultrasounds I never had to have an internal scan luckily

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHoward View Post
    Mybelly - where u able to see pregnancy #2 at 6wks 3days ? Reason i ask is because I have booked a dating scan and just realised its 2 days before I am actually 7wks and the GP said seven weeks....does anyone know if it matters that it is slightly early ?

I had a few early scans and they couldn't see anything at 4 weeks. At 5+3 they could see a sack (which looked like a ring). They then booked my next scan for 7+3. At 6 weeks you may see a ring and a flicker (heart beat).

Check this page out
    http://www.baby2see.com/development/...ter_scans.html

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Dating Scan

Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    I had a few early scans and they couldn't see anything at 4 weeks. At 5+3 they could see a sack (which looked like a ring). They then booked my next scan for 7+3. At 6 weeks you may see a ring and a flicker (heart beat).

Check this page out
    http://www.baby2see.com/development/...ter_scans.html
    Thanks that is really helpful. I am getting a bit excited !!