+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a manual but it killed my hand, pumping for 10 minutes was hard, bought an electric spectra double pump for $200 and even though I don't use it often I've never regretted it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got a avent manual and a unimom forte... Hand Down love the forte more. Takes half the time to pump and is pain free

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

karisha  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I'm in a similar position, baby due any day now & ive tried to think of EVERYTHING so that I can be completely prepared (and I am, relief!). But I decided to avoid buying the breast pump in advance just in case I can't BF for some reason. It's a huge investment for something that may not get used. I plan on sending DH on a pump mission if BFing works out & will just get an auto so that expressing isn't a time consuming process.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an ameda purely yours double. No probs with it and going on to my third bub soon. Also leant to my sister last year so this will be the fourth it has helped with and DD1 was purely express fed for the first 13 wks ( so pumping 5-6 times a day ! ) not missed a beat and can't recommend high enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a manual with DD and nought an electric with DS. So much easier. But if you are not using it that much then a manual would be okay. I had Avent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had an avent manual with dd2 loved it worked very well

Bought the same one to use with dd3 and it's sh1t can't get more than a drop :0
    But spending the $$ on an electric isn't an option at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had an avent single electric and it was ok but it would still take me 40ish minutes to express each time. Considering I used to pump twice per day it was still a big pain. When it dies I will replace it with a super super hospital grade double electric boob pump. Stuff the cost!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hired a medela symphony from the ABA as I had to express exclusively and it was amazing! I could drain both breasts in about 20 minutes while just watching tv. If you're an ABA member it's half price.

Now that DD is feeding on her own I just have the avent manual which I also find to be surprisingly good, I can drain one breast in less than 10 minutes and I find because I can alter the pressure it's actually more comfortable. But, because it's manual it's tiring on my arm but it's ok for the odd pump

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the medela swing. It's pretty good. You can rent hospital grade ones for relatively cheaply if you don't want to buy one, otherwise the swing is $260-300 depending on where you get it.
    Medela was recommended by the hospital as it's method of suction is apparently researched based.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a spectra and find it great. Can't remember the model. I struggle to get much expressing and so a manual would have been a pita, especially as I have temperamental wrists!

However DS is 10 months and I've only used it a handful of times so far as he won't take a bottle. I will be using it more when I go back to work in jan tho. I often think if it was a waste of money but I don't think so. It cost about $180 from sweet beats.