+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default electric breat pump vs manual breast pump

COmparisons? if you have used both what did you prefer? If your a first time user what are you going with? also what brands have you gone with...
    I plan on breat feeding and expressing for outings/ babysitting etc so looking into pumps now.. i know everything might not go as planned but like to be organised

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I used medela electrics in hospital but I had just a manual Isis and it was great. Pumped really well, good suction with little pain. Personally I prefer the manuals, I find the electrics a bit strong on suction and I felt like a dairy cow lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I used the Medela swing. It's so easy- and u can watch tv & pump & not pay any attention to it. You can also change the intensity of the pumping to fid most comfy speed for you. I found it fantastic & wld definately recommend!

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought a manual pump before I gave birth and I regret it now. When DS was in special care I used their electric pump and could get 100mls from each breast, it was painless and quick. Now with my manual I can only get about 40mls and it pinches my nipples which hurts. I have the avent manual pump. Don't get me wrong it does the job, but I find I just can't be bothered expressing with it. I also get cramps in my hand. If you can afford the extra I'd go electric

Thanks
    Reviews

I used an avent Manuel at first and it was ok, then I saw a cherub... They are cheaper but their suction is so strong! I bout my single cherub when DD was about 6 months old and the motor is still going strong she will be 4 next month... So for this baby I bought a cherub double because I want to catch the let down on both sides
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: electric breat pump vs manual breast pump

I used an Avent manual and ended buying electric. When you have heaps of milk it was just much hassle to hand pump for more then 150 MLS at a time.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to bump this one up for more replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I brought an avent isis electric but it also comes with manual attachments.

With DD2 i used it as electric only never bothered with manual.
    With DS electric just wasnt working for me so i pulled out the manual parts & this time they worked better

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an avent manual/electric, medala electric and unimom double electric. None of the electrics work for me so I double pump with 2 manuals on work days. I also have trouble because I need a bit bigger hole to put my nipple in so I think that was what went wrong with the unimom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have medela swing its fantastic.

I plan on purely expressing only and feeding bub expressed milk. This pump works great. I used the hospital grade medela and couldnt afford that but got this with pharmacy discount for $180 with two bottles.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app