+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone out there pregnant with fibroids?

I just found out that I have 10 fibroids. I am 8 weeks pregnant and obviously very worried. Please share stories, good or bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Anyone out there pregnant with fibroids?

I had a large fibroid (11cm) during pregnancy. I had a 50/50 chance of needing a c-section. I had bouts of bleeding all through first and second trimester. I was all doom and gloom about it cos I was overwhelmed no one could give me any real answers as to what could happen. My fibroid grew from 4 cm to 11 cm by the end of pregnancy, which by the way ended at 34 weeks due to spontaneous pre Term labour. Apparently my body was tricked into thinking the fibroid and baby were one and when they (bub and fibroid) reached combined full term weight I went into labour.

Having a fibroid can have its moments but it doesn't necessarily mean you will have complications like I did.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I had 3, 2 big 10cm ones that we discovered at my 12 week scan, as they were big my Dr said c section straight away to avoid labor rupturing them ( I had no probs with that!) plus I had extra scans ( 15w, 20w, 24w, 30w ) and extra appointments , they never grew, caused any problems and I had an easy text book c section and healthy DS at 38+5 ( which was the scheduled date)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:

Oh yeah I forgot to add that I had extra scans to track the size of fibroid as well as double scans of all the regular ones cos the fibroid was casting shadows over bub and they couldn't see her properly.

I had a natural birth as fibroid stayed out of the way of cervix.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the responses x I am already suspecting a difficult pregnancy. In 2008, I had 3 fibroids, 4 years later, they find 10. I just want to enjoy being pregnant and will try and remain positive. I am just so tired and nauseas all the time. I have pain on my lower right ab and had a bit of spotting. Just want to get excited about having a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I found out I had fibroids at my first Ob visit at 9 weeks - we saw the heartbeat and 5 fibroids. They grew a bit during pregnancy, with two kind of joining to be 15cm across. Others about 10cm and 2cm. I knew early on I would have aC-section as they blocked the cervix, so it was actually good to know what to expect early on. I was very uncomfortable from about six months as the baby put pressure on the fibroids and other organs. I gave up work on Ob's orders at 6.5 months because I was having sharp pains which they think was a fibroid degenerating. However, I also had morning sickness the whole nine months and was 38, having my first baby, so did not help. I was scheduled for C-section at 38 weeks but due to sharp pains at 35.5 weeks I was hospitalised and put on pethidine. Rather than keeping me on strong drugs my Ob recommended we just do it, so I had steroids for baby's lungs and 2 days later he arrived. There were 2 OBs in the theatre just in case something went wrong but all went swimmingly. Nine months on I am blood-clotting drugs to help with heavy periods and I think soon I will have surgery to remove the fibroids as we may or may not try for another baby. Anyway, hope I have not scared you but the outcome of it all was my beautiful son, so even though I didn't think so at the time, it was worth all the worrying and pain. My Ob said some women with fibroids don't have any probs and pregnancy hormones even make some shrink, so fingers crossed that's you. I wish you all the best and please let me know if I can give you any more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was told during early pregnancy that I had a decent sized fibroud... I never heard anything about it after that appointment. I don't know if it's still there, if they go away... It wasn't an issue for me, is my point.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for sharing your stories. I am hoping that my fibroids dont grow or harm my baby. Its going to be a long road, but will be all worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews

One more question, did your fibroids cause menstral pain before getting pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by linstyle View Post
    One more question, did your fibroids cause menstral pain before getting pregnant?
    No but they are known for causing bad pain. I did however get pregnancy symptoms every month. my main symptom is very heavy bleeding to the point of ending up in emergency at least twice.