+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I probably won't have one. We have our engagement party in Feb and bub due in May. I really don't think I can be bothered with one. I don't see the point and I think they are a bit stupid TBH. I don't like that they are 'women only' and I feel that my partner should be allowed to be involved in the celebrations too. Plus I don't want to have to invite my in-laws but I can't have a baby shower and just not invite them. I might just organise lunch with my mum and sister instead and that will be that

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Baby Shower...not having one?

I've never had one (three kids).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becoming a mother is a pretty incredible transition and I think you may regret not doing something to mark it. I had a gathering of friends (male and female) and I do regret not doing something more special with a few close female friends. The idea of a traditional baby shower doesn't appeal to me either, but maybe a tea party or a trip to a day spa with your besties might be nicd

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I never wanted one. I don't regret not having one either. I wanted to do a lunch with my girlfriends but ended up really sick so I was stuck at home.
    We had lots of visitors when DS was born and we got lots of nice gifts and outfits. Everyone knew we had the essentials so all the gifts were personal gifts and his nursery is decorated with what we wanted.
    Don't feel pressured. If you don't want one, then don't have one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah18 For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha! I'm the same. People you feel you ahve to invite, but don't want to. I just can't be bothered with the drama...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a bbq at a local park for family and friends, it was great! My best friend moved to the other side of the country last year so wasn't around and I really didn't feel comfortable asking/doing anything with anyone else without her there, plus I've never really been into all the baby shower games.

So we didn't get as many gifts as we may have done, but we had a fantastic arvo and didn't have any mess to clean up at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My MIL threw be an awful baby shower!! I was so disappointed because my Mum really wanted to do it but nope, my MIL insisted, it was horrible and I couldn't even eat any of the food!!!!

This time round we are having a BBQ with family and friends at our house. No gifts, no games, just good food and good company