+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nipple stimulation from 37 weeks?

Baby is due the week before Christmas so I'm hoping not to go late. I saw my midwife today and she said that there are some things we can do to try and "help". One of the things she mentioned was nipple stimulation in the form of expressing colostrum.
    Has anybody done this?
    And is it better to do it by hand or with a breast pump?
    and do you think it helped?

i know that baby will only come when ready but am willing to try. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I've been told I need to start expressing from 34 weeks bc I have gestational diabetes

Thanks
    Reviews

Want to hear answers to this too. Due 15th Dec and have similar fears of not wanting to go over. I was told today bubs hasn't even began to engage... Really want him to come out soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Best off starting with hand expressing before moving onto a pump so you don't do any damage to your nipples.
    I've been doing it for the last 2 weeks and nothing yet but still trying. I do get some good BH now that I'm using the pump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have started using a nipplette thing to help draw the nipple out (flat nipples made bf difficult with my first) I did some research as it said shouldn't be used in the last few weeks as it can stimulate labour. Apparently u need to do something like a minimum of 45mins 3 times a day for it to possibly bring on labour unless of course u have shown prelabour signs already.
    I have been using it for over a week (2 times a day 45min-1 hour each nipple) and nothing. Bub Is still all snug inside.
    I tried everything last pregnancy (except caster oil) evening primrose 6x1000mg a day from 36weeks, raspberry leaf tablets 3 tablets a day from 34weeks, clary sage oil massages and oil burning from 39weeks. Hot curries, lots of DTD, pineapple etc DS1 didn't come until 40+1. Lol even so this time I am doing it all again in hope that it will bring him on time and not go massively over.
    Unless ready bubby won't come no matter how hard u try.
    Good luck i hope something works bub comes a little early for u.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleGuppy For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (21-11-2012)