+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    and remember.....dont tell her when you buy new things.

She doesnt need to know about new jumpsuits and the like. You've bought your major purchases now, just sneak the small things in and have a little giggle to yourself that you know something she doesnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling annoyed & lonely

Could she be focusing on your spending for a reason? Maybe she needs you to be contributing more when living there, without saying it? If it were me, I would consider asking her if her interest in your spending is due to her needing more rent from you.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

How about you tell them 'you get what you pay for' there's some cheap things like target onesies and stuff that ill buy but when it's something essential like a Car seat or a pram I would rather spend the extra dollars. Just tell them all to get stuffed you're buying all the right things!

Thanks
    Reviews

... Can I add that it may simply be nosiness, but by at least asking, you can rule this out whilst also giving the gentle message that you have noticed her interest in your spending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABigDeepBreath View Post
    ... Can I add that it may simply be nosiness, but by at least asking, you can rule this out whilst also giving the gentle message that you have noticed her interest in your spending.
    Yeah I have but I don't like to be rude to her, we have simply said we are buying things we think are "needed". Also we pay $200 pf and buy our own food. When bigger bills come in elec etc we throw in some more money .

Thanks girls for all your input I have made more of a decision not to tell anyone of what we have purchased when they ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whilst I feel for you, Because it would suck to be constantly told that you shouldn't be doing this or that, but I get what they're saying.

I would be buying everything 2nd hand and saving the money you're spending towards rent so you can get out into your own place. I can't imagine anything worse than being stuck living with in laws with a newborn baby. You, your husband and your baby are going to want your own space I think. If she's annoying you now, she's going to REALLY annoy you once the baby comes

Thanks
    Reviews

I had the opposite lol.

Dh and I had no money when I was pregnant.
    We were both young, had just moved out together, got married and Dh had started his first "Serious" job.
    We were living off pay by pay with no savings..
    From memory our combined wage was 45k per year.

We managed to do extra work on weekends to pay for baby stuff and everything went on laybuy.
    We got a cot, bassinet, change table, high chair, chest of drawers, 2 prams (we found one on sale and the other we got a jogging pram at garage sale for $10)
    We also managed to buy clothes, some toys and we rented the car seat from the Ambulance service.
    I would also stock up on nappies etc each grocery shop, each grocery shop I would also buy a $20 gift card that sat in "Emergency" as I was so worried once bub arrived we wouldn't be able to afford the little essentials, and it sure did come in handy!!

We had family, my parents and in laws saying "You don't have enough" and "you think that's all you need!"
    Now not that we were expecting it but it would have been nice if they could have helped out out a bit.
    I remember living off eggs and tins of spaghetti for my pregnancy as we just couldn't afford nice food
    My father is extremely wealthy and to this day he hasn't even gotten dd a Xmas or birthday present.. So no he didn't help out all when pregnant.
    Even when dd was born we didn't get any presents, like clothes etc.. I just got a card.

Just after dd was born Dh was made redundant and to get by we used out credit card to pay rent and kept upping the limit, we ended up with a $10,000 credit card and a $7000 loan
    It was a blessing in disguise though as hubby found an excellent job, they trained him and now he has a great job, and I'm able to stay at home with dd.
    We are comfortable now and we have done it all ourselves.

And looking back we had to much stuff for dd!!!
    I don't regret buying it as its your first and it's great to be all excited

Honestly, with pregnancy and parenting no matter what you do or what you decide, or purchase, people will find a way to disagree with it.
    Don't let it get to you, people won't change so just let the comments slide.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    I had the opposite lol.

Dh and I had no money when I was pregnant.
    We were both young, had just moved out together, got married and Dh had started his first "Serious" job.
    We were living off pay by pay with no savings..
    From memory our combined wage was 45k per year.

We managed to do extra work on weekends to pay for baby stuff and everything went on laybuy.
    We got a cot, bassinet, change table, high chair, chest of drawers, 2 prams (we found one on sale and the other we got a jogging pram at garage sale for $10)
    We also managed to buy clothes, some toys and we rented the car seat from the Ambulance service.
    I would also stock up on nappies etc each grocery shop, each grocery shop I would also buy a $20 gift card that sat in "Emergency" as I was so worried once bub arrived we wouldn't be able to afford the little essentials, and it sure did come in handy!!

We had family, my parents and in laws saying "You don't have enough" and "you think that's all you need!"
    Now not that we were expecting it but it would have been nice if they could have helped out out a bit.
    I remember living off eggs and tins of spaghetti for my pregnancy as we just couldn't afford nice food
    My father is extremely wealthy and to this day he hasn't even gotten dd a Xmas or birthday present.. So no he didn't help out all when pregnant.
    Even when dd was born we didn't get any presents, like clothes etc.. I just got a card.

Just after dd was born Dh was made redundant and to get by we used out credit card to pay rent and kept upping the limit, we ended up with a $10,000 credit card and a $7000 loan
    It was a blessing in disguise though as hubby found an excellent job, they trained him and now he has a great job, and I'm able to stay at home with dd.
    We are comfortable now and we have done it all ourselves.

And looking back we had to much stuff for dd!!!
    I don't regret buying it as its your first and it's great to be all excited

Honestly, with pregnancy and parenting no matter what you do or what you decide, or purchase, people will find a way to disagree with it.
    Don't let it get to you, people won't change so just let the comments slide.
    That's great to hear I'm glad your in a much better financial position now and you seem to be a very strong person!! My family is wealthy too but not offering anything I wouldn't take anything just on being stubborn lol..

Caz- we are about to build so it would be a waist of money