+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby hiding out...

Hey guys.

I'm currently 26+3 and wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation...

For all of week 23 I was feeling little flutters and what I can only imagine to be jellybean wriggling about... As of 24 weeks there's been nothing...

I've called my ob and he suggested I go and monitor the heartbeat in hospital. Did that at the end of week 24 and after much struggle the midwife finally found the heartbeat. Basically what she said was that belly bean was laying right back, hence me not feeling anything at all...

Two weeks later (Friday just passed) I decided that I wanted to go in to monitor the heartbeat again as things still haven't changed.

Once again, took forever for the midwife to find the heartbeat but eventually did and it seemed to be pumping away normally...

She suggested I speak to my ob and let him know what's been going on (or not for that matter) and last night he called and suggested I make an appointment today for today. He said he's not too concerned but it might be worthwhile to check out what's going on in there.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation before with their baby hiding out back and if there's anything that can be suggested to bring them forward...

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've not had anything similar but I'm sure I've heard someone on here talk about it before.... So bumping for you. Good luck with bubba today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I am you! I was at the hospital last night as I hadn't felt mine move for at least a day, called the Dr and they said to get it checked. Its my 2nd pregnancy and I'm 30 weeks along, and felt a bit guilty wasting their time but they reassured me they'd prefer to have 100 false alarms than miss something serious.
    My first baby was like an octopus and never stayed still, this one I have to really concentrate to feel movement. My DH has only felt it once. Apparently my placenta is at the front middle which muffles movements. I have an ultrasound booked in for later today to check fluid levels etc.
    I'm sure all is fine, and hoping perhaps all it means is these babies are so chilled in the belly they'll continue to be when they come out...we can dream ;o)
    Good luck at your appt today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Baby hiding out...

With DD this would happen. Move heaps then stop moving or cut right back. I had extra scans and they were all fine. It was put down to having an anterior placenta. I am sure this bub is the same and kicks feel very muffled. Find out tomorrow at 20 week scan.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an anterior placenta too and I was in the same boat.. Then at about 30ish weeks his feet found my ribs and I never had another problem feeling him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

This is my 5th pregnancy (4th child). I also have an anterior placenta and the difference in movement is incredible.
    My others were so busy and moved all the time. I barely feel this one.
    I'm 21 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE on my earlier post
    Had scan at hospital to check growth after no movement and its very strange. Bub was jumping all over the place but I couldn't feel it! I'm 30 weeks but measuring 32/33. My placenta is front and centre but the sonographer said you'd think i'd be able to feel the movements as it did a full somersault. Oh well, as long as its growing and healthy I'm happy ;o)

Thanks
    Reviews

Karen that's great news that everything is still on track and healthy!

I might ask tonight about the anterior placenta...

Thanks for all your replies!!