+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Glandular fever questions.

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I've had it multiple times also a different disease (very similar) for the life of me can't remember it! It caused me to get my tonsils removed after having about 20 infections!!

In saying yes be cautious with hygiene please don't go over the top because you need some germs too iykwim?! Exercises are very good too. I was extremely tired but did swimming. For a bub you could just move his legs etc. lay him on the ground and get him into the sun.

Best of luck!
    Wasn't Ross River Fever was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No its called Cytomegalovirus. When I first heard about it I thought I had herpes and freaked out It has gone dormant now though and I just have to be careful washing hands etc during my pregnancy (which I do anyway). I still am extremely TIRED and feel like I can't move off the couch sometimes. I get vit B shots and see a natropath.

I strongly agree with seeing one of those OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Glandular fever questions.

Sorry to hear your boy has EBV . It's really tough on a you g kid having that, but hopefully it clears up quickly.
    How he got it us just one of those things, it's an airborne virus so just a random person coughing in the vicinity could have passed it on. Nothing you could have done to prevent it.