+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Dose anyone else think this is crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    So I am watching Chanel 9 news and they have just said that any pool deeper then 30cm has to have a fence put around it?!?
    I thing it is crazy that you have to fence a blow up wading pool!! Or one with the soft collapsable pool. Usually pools with that much water get emptied every time or every two times... Really??

Um, yes, this has been the case for years and years and years. Drowning is not something to be flippant about.

*source - I've worked in retail for 16 years selling pools in Qld.
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 19-11-2012 at 19:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakabla View Post
    We have a pool that we set up in summer. It's not a blow up one, it has a frame and liner and is big enough to have a pump. It also has a hard cover that clips securely over the top when we are not using it. It's really difficult to get off. So would this set up need fencing?

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    Depending on your council/state yes. Look on your local council's website, ours has the info on it.

People across the road had to take theirs down last year (I had the windows open when they took is down, and as they are loud as all hell, I heard it all) Funnily enough its already up again this year, they seem to not be the rule/law following type though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dose anyone else think this is crazy?

I wonder then if they are going to fence all public ponds/lakes and rivers also...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Um, yes, this has been the case for years and years and years. Drowning is not something to be flippant about.

*source - I've worked in retail for 16 years selling pools in Qld.
    I can understand needing a fence around something that is needing a filter or is hard to drain easily...
    What I mean by ridicules is the tiny little blow up pools or shell pools that parents would probably empty after every time anyway because they are so small one adult can happily move it.... That is stupidity!
    Having to fence a pool that you can 'swim' in or requires a pump that needs a fence.... I get pool fences, just not for the smallest of pools that you wouldn't leave filled anyway?!?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    I can understand needing a fence around something that is needing a filter or is hard to drain easily...
    What I mean by ridicules is the tiny little blow up pools or shell pools that parents would probably empty after every time anyway because they are so small one adult can happily move it.... That is stupidity!
    Having to fence a pool that you can 'swim' in or requires a pump that needs a fence.... I get pool fences, just not for the smallest of pools that you wouldn't leave filled anyway?!?
    This is what I agree with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    I wonder then if they are going to fence all public ponds/lakes and rivers also...
    I think this is valid. Why is it up to individuals to foot the cost of fencing these things on their own property and yet there are countless public water features which are allowed to go unfenced. What's good for the goose and all that...

Thanks
    Reviews

It's probably impractical to fence dams etc but I do wonder why people who live on properties with dams don't fence their houses.

My parents live on a canal so you can fall from the back yard into the canal (there is a jetty too). Yet their swimming pool is of course fully fenced - even the far side of it which can only be approached by water lol off the canal