+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dose anyone else think this is crazy?

So I am watching Chanel 9 news and they have just said that any pool deeper then 30cm has to have a fence put around it?!?
    I thing it is crazy that you have to fence a blow up wading pool!! Or one with the soft collapsable pool. Usually pools with that much water get emptied every time or every two times... Really??

Thanks
    Reviews

If its permanent then it probably should be but like you said those little blow up pools get emptied after use anyway!

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

If this includes those little pools that gets emptied then yes it's crazy.... Very stupid crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Don't they say a child can drown in an inch of water? So in theory it makes sense, but it would be so much easier to just empty the pool after each use and don't leave it in the rain!

This has made me think though, our dogs water bucket is at least 30cm deep, wonder if this is a hazard...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Buttttttt just remember - "news" should be taken with a grain of salt, check your local councils pool fencing regulations if you want an accurate answer!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Apparently a family had the cousil come round and tell them to put theirs down and it was one that a 4to could step over and it was a blow up... They said 30 cm and I think that is just ridicules...
    Last edited by bubbabailey; 19-11-2012 at 17:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Dose anyone else think this is crazy?

It is the law in n.s.w, children can (and have) drowned in very shallow water,
    If an object that holds water is over a certain depth then it must be supervised while ever there is water in it & emptied when not in use OR fenced, if it is a permanent object it must be fenced

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does seem silly but just imagine if a child made their way into your back yard and drowned in your blow up pool that you didn't empty..

I know alot of ppl will say their yards are secure and a child couldn't sneak in but they can't make the law that you only have to fence 30cm+ pools if your yard is not secure IYKWIM.

I think it's fine, I used to only use shallow blow up pools but now we have an Inground pool with a pool fence and a 6ft fence between our neighbors and our pool yard and I still worry that the neighbours kids might jump the fence!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (19-11-2012),smallpotatoes  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a clam shell so technically that would have to be fenced....
    I empty it every time... I just think its a silly thing but I guess there are people who don't empty them and don't really give a rats kinda sad that this sort of law has had to come into affect