+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gifts for teachers

I'm a teacher and the best present I ever got was a heart-felt card or letter just letting me know I'd done a good job and was appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews

Although if u were wanting to give an actual gift I would suggest- gift voucher, wine, charity donation, etc. I love the personalize stickers or drink bottle idea too! One year my friend got a card kit ( with various birthday, etc cards in) and she said it was aweome as she never had to buy cards for others for ages!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    Although if u were wanting to give an actual gift I would suggest- gift voucher, wine, charity donation, etc. I love the personalize stickers or drink bottle idea too! One year my friend got a card kit ( with various birthday, etc cards in) and she said it was aweome as she never had to buy cards for others for ages!!!
    I am thinking of writing a nice thank you letter, getting DD1 to write in the card and probably a gift voucher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work as a education assistant and it quite disheartening at the end of the year to be forgotten. If your child has one of us in your class it is lovely to be acknowledged as we do a lot of work to. I was blown away last year when the EA in the other kindy class got nothing from her class meanwhile the teacher got a $200 voucher. So please show your appreciation for the other teacher in the class as they work with your child just as much as the teacher!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cattro, Last year (not to blow my own trumpet) I was the only parent in the preschool class who bought the teacher's aid a present and the look of shock on her face made we realise that it wasn't the norm, which was quite disheartening.

I took my DD to the local Nursery and got her to choose a lovely glazed pot and flowering plant. We then went home and made a card that read something along the lines of ' Dear Mrs ......, ' thank you for helping me to learn and grow and think of me everytime this plant flowers'. We laminated the card and put it on a paddle pop stick and stuck it in the soil.
    We also put a ceramic letter of her name and put that in with the plant. She absolutely loved it and was quite touched.

For the teacher's aid we bought her a calendar with designer artwork, a ceramic letter of her name and a soy candle in a lovely glass holder.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 23-11-2012 at 09:17. Reason: typo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

As a teacher my favourite gift that I have received is a Christmas decoration. Each year I hang the ones that I've received on my tree and it always reminds me of that special little person I had in my class. I've still got one from my first year of teaching that the child made with her mum and this girl is about to start Year 11! But I will always remember her for that reason.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (23-11-2012),kriista  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cattro View Post
    I work as a education assistant and it quite disheartening at the end of the year to be forgotten. If your child has one of us in your class it is lovely to be acknowledged as we do a lot of work to. I was blown away last year when the EA in the other kindy class got nothing from her class meanwhile the teacher got a $200 voucher. So please show your appreciation for the other teacher in the class as they work with your child just as much as the teacher!
    Oh yes I definitely have the teachers aide on my present list. She is fantastic and would never forget about her. I actually thought it was the 'norm' to buy for teacher and aide, disappointed to hear this isn't the case!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gifts for teachers

Last year my son gave his daycare teachers an engraved pen which they loved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to asurpriseontheway For This Useful Post:

kriista  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been working in the same childcare place for quite a few years now and I have only gotten cards or presents when I was in a room leader position. The things I treasure most are the cards made by the children and the truly heartfelt cards and letters from the parents. Its about knowing that you are noticed and appreciated in an industry where you are often seen as a glorified babysitter.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Gifts for teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    I have been working in the same childcare place for quite a few years now and I have only gotten cards or presents when I was in a room leader position. The things I treasure most are the cards made by the children and the truly heartfelt cards and letters from the parents. Its about knowing that you are noticed and appreciated in an industry where you are often seen as a glorified babysitter.
    Really? I've always bought ALL the teachers who frequent my son's room a gift.. They all work so hard and I would feel absolutely dreadful if I didn't acknowledge their hard work.