+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Gifts for teachers

Just a tip, almost every single teacher I know (and online forums I've seen) they all say NO coffee mugs please! They get lots of them, and you can only use so many.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Gifts for teachers

I'm getting DS's teacher a voucher to use at a spa.
    She's been so awesome and helped DS so much. So I'm going a little overboard.
    In the past I've bought body shop packs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally agree with the coffee mugs thing PP's have mentioned.

I think things like movie tickets, olive oil, hand cream, candles, wine (if you know what they drink) are always nice - as is a card on it's own. Teachers love it when they are acknowledge by parents for what they do with their children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Another teacher here -- please no Ferrero Rochers! To me they are the ultimate "I don't know anything about you so I just grabbed these from the stack in Woolies" gift. Like someone else said, I usually regift chocolate/ biscuits. Except homemade goodies, love getting those!

Love the sticker idea, wine is always good, gift cards for coffee or bookshops are great. I had a parent notice I wear dangly earrings and got me some from Diva that I liked and I thought it was really sweet of her to notice. I think the tree ornament idea is nice, but in general I would avoid things with cats and angels and too much glitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year for my ds's Kinder teachers I made Christmas ornaments from Artscow that are porcelain and lovely and I put a Christmas design on one side & a note from our ds on the other side - 'dear mrs x, thanks for my being my teacher this year, love from a' and a photo of him. My mum is a retired Kinder teacher and she said the ornament thing was something she really liked.

So, this year in his 2nd year of kinder (mostly different teachers) we're doing the ornaments again and for a couple of the teachers I'll make a chocolate rocky road christmas tree. Even if they don't want to eat the chocolate they can use it as a decoration.

My Mum said that when she was teaching it was really hit & miss with presents. Some years she'd get heaps of individual presents, or maybe a parent would organise a group present, or sometimes she'd just end up with 2 individual presents & nothing else. So, don't assume the teachers will be showered with gifts ... they might not be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I thought alcohol was out because the gift was from dd, the vodka is going in the hampers now lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a teacher and I love all the suggestions. Mugs can be over done though! Money I would not accept and I am pretty sure it may not be considered acceptable from a dept perspective. Albeit a lovely idea!

Thanks
    Reviews

Can I just add that the most memorable thing I have ever received at the end of year was a letter from a parent expressing how appreciated I was for the effort I'd put in with their child. Of all the things of received over the years this is without a doubt the most treasured. It still brings a tear to my eye.

Thanks
    Reviews

my two daughters teachers are getting handstamped keyrings:-)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

As a teacher too... And not wanting to sound like a cow but I second the no mugs thing. Also chocolate (my DH does enjoy it though) and hand cream and candles. I sometimes regift this stuff because I get so much. Best gifts I've ever got are..
    Class collection of money and they put it towards one awesome gift (one year they bought me a new guitar-amazing!) or vouchers to a store to buy new shoes or handbags! Or new set of wine glasses. Because they know I love them. I know some friends who collect pandora charms and classes who collect money and buy one special charm-love this idea as its a gift you can keep and treasure.
    Pedicure voucher or coffee shop voucher.
    I also love the sticker or stationary ideas or stamps for the following school year (usually spend my own money on these) or decorations from the teacher shop like borders for displays etc.
    But honestly... Best present ever and the ones I treasure I heartfelt cards written from the parents or child. These I love and truly find touching. That's what my job is all about.