+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my midwife, doula and partner - one too many I think, next time no doula. At home in front of the fireplace, bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birth audience...

I had DH and my MW. She was in an out though it was mainly me and DH unless I called out to MW. I'd love it to be just DH and me next time

A friend of mine had her m and dad, both her sisters, her hubby, and her sisters boyfriend.... He was filming it!!

I couldn't think of anything worse...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The whole birth audience thing is not for me. It was always going to be just DH.

There was no other choice in the end as I had an emergency CS and only one person was allowed in with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had my DH, and of course my Ob and the midwife. My Mum told me a long time ago that she wouldn't be able to handle seeing me in so much pain, which is fine as I had only ever planned on having my DH.

We didn't even tell anyone I was in labour, for us it was just something to share between the two of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mom was there at my first 2 births and it was such a great experience a beautiful experience to share with her. Her BF was also at the second one, he was helping me get settled in and labor started and I have fast labors so he was like do you want me to leave I didnt really care so he hung out in chair across the room and didnt see anything you When I am in labor all I care about is getting the baby out nothing else lol

Thanks
    Reviews

At DS1's birth, I had my mum, FOB, and our photographer. I didn't allow anyone (other than the midwives) to be between my legs or anything...the thought made me so uncomfortable. They stayed by my head/around the room the whole time. My sister and BIL came in immediately after and I was glad to have them there. I would have loved my sister to be there for the birth, but I was only allowed three people.

With DS2, I had intended to have the same three again, but I went from being told I wasn't in labour and to go to sleep, to being 6cm dilated, water breaking, and him being born. My mum got there about 20 minutes before he was born (luckily I'd asked her to come even though I "wasn't in labour"), but FOB and photographer missed it. Again, I would have loved to have my sister there, but she was watching DS1 because FOB was planning on being at the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DH, mum, dad and a midwife, with MIL and FIL popping in occasionally (I didn't know it, but they were actually camped outside the birthing suite the entire time but didn't want me to know considering I'd asked them not to come to the hospital until after DD was born).

Honestly, I found it was great to have my parents there, DH faints at needles so he left the room for the pethidine, cannula and epi needles and my parents were my support people during that time. It also allowed DH to take a break and go get something to eat, or have a rest (was in labour for 26 hours but in hospital for 4 days due to pre-labour - was having contractions every 5 minutes but not dilating). I ended up with a c-section so it was just DH and the medical team.

Next time around I'll be having a c-section so it'll just be DH (and medical staff) in the room. I'm hoping that DD will be allowed in the recovery room (had both families in there with me last time) so that we can start the bonding experience asap.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't understand it either when u see on Tv a whole room of ppl or even all the relatives hanging about outside waiting to be allowed to rush in and see the baby.

I've had quite a few major operations and nobody is ever there for those watching medical procedures happen, I find it hard to then accept ppl to be watching just because it's a birth. I'm even struggling with the idea of having my husband there to be honest. I feel like I would be self conscious and hard to accept him seeing anything or me with all the pushing. I'd be more comfortable with my mum if I had to choose 1 person. Husband is nonchalant on the issue, he'd be happy to be there or wait outside, whatever I want.
    I don't want any family or friends even at the hospital. They can all wait for a day or two or when we are home. Just because you are a MIL for example doesn't give you an automatic right to swoop in, you should be invited to visit.

Thanks
    Reviews

With mine it was just me for the first 7cm.
    After that Dh came up, weird I know and a long story..
    But I really enjoyed just being by my self in the beginning.
    Just before I hit 10cm I was begging for my mum, she came up and just stayed at my head stroking my hair etc, my midwives were quite pushy and were trying to get me to go into positions I didn't want, Dh was frazzled and started to agree with them but mum stood up for me and said I wasn't comfortable lying down etc and to just let me hunch over the bed ect. It was great having her there and as much as I love Dh he wasn't a huge help.. Kinda p!ssed me off during the whole labor
    I think mum just *understood* as she had once been where I was, mum did say it was hard for her to see me in pain and how my birth ended, she said it was frightening for her.

In the end I had a blood clots and dd's heart rate was irregular so I went down for a c-section, I wasn't awake for it but mum kept me calm going down to theater.

At first all I wanted was Dh to be there, once everything happened all I wanted was my mum.

If we ever decide to have more children I would live my MIL to be there!
    As much as she annoys me, she has had 5 children, and although we have never been all that close I have always found she is an excellent person to talk to when it comes to my dd, she gives great advise, is very compassionate and understanding of anything baby so I would like to have her there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Birth audience...

Although I'm currently pregnant I haven't given birth yet.

I only want my dh with me. We are super open and I don't care what he see's, how gross it is etc. He still loves me and I want to share it with him. The blood, screams, sweat and tears.

My mum will be there but honestly, she can give dh a break but I don't want her in there all the time with me. She annoys me and hence will only make me more stressed.

Possibly my friend with 4 kids purely for a bit more support but again, not someone in with me. More of a drop in to give dh a break.

Certainly not my dad, dhs parents etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub