+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Birth audience...

Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    I say the less the better and aiming for DH, my well trusted OB and 1 mid this time.

Last time I had about 12 or so people watching me give birth (only 1 of them I had known for more than 2 hours and that was DH) and let me tell you I really DID care. It was a horrible and humiliating experience and I am still incredibly angry about it especially after finding out that many of them were just spectators because they hadn't seen a natural premature birth before (mainly students). I felt like a circus freak. This time any extras will be promptly kicked out.
    Pretty much this but they wanted to see a natural birth, coz yanno they are so rare :/ my notes even said I wanted privacy due to a history of sexual assault obviously ignored. With my next birth it was hubby, my mum was around looking after DS1 (homebirth) and my midwife along with a 2nd midwife towards the end. My last birth was just hubby myself an my 2 sons (unassisted birth).

Birth is not a magic act!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dd1 there was fob, mum,my sister, midwife, student midwife and the ob.
    My dad was in the waiting room

Dd2 there was fob, my sister and 2 midwifes

I really don't mind who watches me give birth, well within reason

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's such a personal thing. For me it was just DP and one midwife. Gosh I would've HATED anyone else being there! I spent 80% of my labour alone in the bathroom as it was because I just preferred to be alone. Poor DP! Just before the contraction that I started pushing on I turned to him (he was next to me on the floor with an arm around me) and told him how much I loved him and we had a huge, passionate kiss. I would've hated anyone else to have been there for that moment (middy was out of the room getting something)!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had DH, a midwife, a med student (who I gave permission for) and my OB. Up until that last half hour it was mostly just DH and I, with the midwife popping in to check on me occasionally or if called and my OB checking on me a couple of times (was very slow to progress). I can't imagine having any other family/friends there. It's way too personal and special for DH and I.

My local private hospital has heaps of natural births, it's not a rarity or spectacle at all! I must be lucky where I live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Birth audience...

I never had an audience as i birthed at home by accident.

My mum was there though but she never saw anything but she cut the cord while i had ambos there. At the hospital when the placenta came out, i cant quite remember who was in the room but i know it was a few people.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1- Dr, two midwives, DP and my mum. Dr did the pulling, then handed bub to midwife #1, midwife two was just observing.

DS2- Dp, Mum, two midwives. (one was just supporting bubs head, the other was standing there doing nothing, she left as soon as he was born. The head midwife passed DS2 to me as soon as he was born then stayed over in the corner until it was time to cut the cord (about 10min), then she did the clamping then left.

Thanks
    Reviews

#1 I just had the medical team as I had emergency csection under a general so DH wasn't allowed in ;-(
    #2 I had DH, midwife, 2 OBGYNs, and the guy doing my spinal block.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same, I had DH there but at his request he stayed at the head end, he didn't want to look and see LOL. I would have been horrified to have my Mum or someone else in the family down at the business end of things, I have no problem with those that do but it freaked me out just a little too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DH and my mum. Was a bit nervous about having mum in there but at the time I didnt care.
    Also I had half the hospital staff in there due to complications and they had my legs in the air for ages for all to see but ohwell. The weirdest part was a medical student was in there to observe who looked totally freaked out. Afterwards I asked him what he thought of the whole thing and it said it was his first birth haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Birth audience...

I just had dh and 2 midwives ob turned up at the end as ds got stuck and they had to pull him out.I couldn't think of anything worse then having anyone else.I told mum and dad they could wait outside but they chose towait and come to hospital once he was born.this time mum may have to come with me depending on what time of day I go into labour as dh could be at work my dad will be looking after ds for us.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub