+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birth audience...

My only experiences of birth have been on TV... but one thing I've noticed that I think would make me uncomfortable while having my own baby, are the people some women have there... Obviously I'd be fine with DH, doctors, midwives and so on, but no way would I want my in-laws, friends, siblings, my father or even my mother gawking between my legs while I push out baby!! Therefore I will only have my DH coming with me to the hospital...

Who did you have there, at the birth of your baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Birth audience...

DH was there along with medical staff but my mum and sister were on stand by at home just incase I needed them as well No way were the inlaws allowed in the room!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

For my first I had my husband and my best friend. My best friend didn't see anything- she was up at my head the whole time (I had an epidural so was laying on my back). There was a sheet covering.

Second had my husband and a friend (if it wasn't for her quick thinking I would have had bub at home alone). She saw a bit but left when I started pushing.

My third I only had my husband there. My mum was meant to com but we didn't have time (it was only a half hour labour from first contraction to birth).

Honestly I felt the same as you/ I didn't even want my husband watching bub come out. But by the time it got to that, Santa clause could have walked in and I wouldn't have cared!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was same for dd had only DH in room with me. My mum in-laws in waiting room.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Birth audience...

I had MIL there as DH couldn't be and my mum was in a diff country.
    Didn't care for the most part who was there.
    I did miss DH heaps and have told him this time he is not getting out of it.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep same, only DH. I didn't even want my mum there and we're very close. I find it weird when people have there entire extended family there!

Thanks
    Reviews

My first I had my ex there and my mum as I was 17 and good thing she was there otherwise my ex wouldn't have been able to cut the umbilical cord cause mum stopped the midwives from doing it.

My second was just my ex and I we didn't even tell anyone we were going. Lucky we were at mil and my dd was already asleep so we just left and went to the hospital.

I'm due to have my 3rd in jan and my partner will hopefully make it on time to be there but depends when it happens because he works nights. Had a friend as backup who I'm no longer speaking to so havnt thought of who to have in case he doesn't get there in time

Thanks
    Reviews

I had my Mum, ex and sister there before an emergency c-section.

This time I'm only having DF. It will be my last baby and his first biological one and I only want to share the experience with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know where I have birth they only allow two support people. I would have thought this standard as too many people would get in the way.

Then when you see it on tv there's 10 people in a tiny room....maybe in America?

Thanks
    Reviews

First time I had my mum and ex.
    With my son I had my ex
    And with this baby I will have my mum and sister.