+ Reply to Thread
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Freaking Out

So now that I have gotten a really super strong bfp and it's all real.. .I'M FREAKING OUT!! Oh and it's my first.
    Bombard me with every single thing you can ever think of about pregnancy and either freak me out more or calm me down. Please.
    EVERYTHING *goes insane*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Freaking Out

Enjoy it!!!
    Don't spend the whole time worrying. I felt good nearly my whole pregnancy and kept waiting for morning sickness/exhaustion/pain etc to hit and most of it didn't (im 39+2)- well not in the way I imagined it would!

I loved 'window shopping' straight away and looking at baby products online, as well as trawling BDM websites for names.

Buy a book to read with each week, or an app. I got Up the Duff, which I enjoyed, but I haven't read it in weeks to be honest. Enjoy the What to Expect app and I try to take a belly shot every week. I wish I had found a top/dress to wear in every photo but wasn't that organised...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Freaking Out

I've gone nuts with phone apps. Took my 5 week photo on Saturday, so I've got a starting point to compare it to.

I would suggest stocking up on healthy snacks. I am always starving and eat whatever is easiest to get.

I've got a baby book which I've read half of, have started looking at baby stuff online, and window shopping. I'm a control freak, so am researching all sorts of random stuff.

Work out if you want to go public or private. If private, you might want to pick and book an obstetrician now, in case they book out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    go with the flow and don't expect your experience to be like any one else's.

this is my first and was also an unexpected surprise so i have gone crazy with phone apps and reading books

apps are
    health and parenting pregnancy
    it has a week by week photo and description on whats going on with you and bubs, it also has a time line for mile stones and much more.

Pregnancy food
    Gives you a list of foods to avoid and why

Pregnancy Recipes
    haven't really used this one much but gives you a list of "safe" recipes.

Pregnancy Fitness
    it shows you different exercises you can safely do while pregnant.

the only one of those i've really used is the first one (but all the others where free any way lol)

in the way of books i bought Pregnancy for dummies which i haven't really read probably as i find it boring however i have borrowed staying mum by Mara Lee.... its about labour and first year but i found it very informative and such a joy to read. I have also borrowed Up the duff by Kaz Cooke... it gives you a week by week guide of whats going on and the pregnancy diary of Hermoine which is quiet funny and also very informative.

try to keep a diary and write in it daily or weekly..... i didnt decide to start one until 22 weeks and am now finding it really confusing with which dates belong with what lol.... am pretty much up to date now so will endeavour to keep up to date now lol.

all in all though congrats on your pregnancy and i hope it all goes well and the main thing is enjoy it!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPrincess27 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Freaking Out

If you work in an office, start looking for maternity clothes early!!!! My lack of preparation caused many tears as my work clothes got tighter and tighter and I couldn't find anything to fit!

I also felt incredibly limited with food choices early on, especially for lunches at work, due to the listeria risks. I soon learned to cook a bit extra for dinner the night before or cook big batches of stuff and freeze it so I could have hot leftovers.

Also people will probably react completely differently to your pregnancy as you go through, but you'll learn who your real friends are! I have a group of friends who I thought wouldn't care, but they've been so excited and ask a million questions about pregnancy and babies every time I see them, but another close friend who has been all about babies for YEARS couldn't give a $hit about my pregnancy! So don't spend too much time on the people who don't care; your baby is more important anyway!

Good luck and enjoy the journey, every pregnancy is different but here's hoping yours is trouble free and comfortable!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Go see a GP to confirm it, and they'll assist you there with check-ups and such.

Figure out how you want to birth - hospital or home, caesarean or vaginal, etc etc. Research the options and see how they can impact you and the baby, mentally and physically.

Search for a care provider if you're planning on going private/homebirth. A midwife/OB. Or even just pick a public hospital if you have the option to be somewhat choosy.

Then pretty much just ask questions here. You can buy books, but I think you'll get more answers and information by just asking here or googling tbh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)