+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 Bachelor of Midwifery

Hi ladies,

I just received an offer from CDU for external study!! Yay!! Am rather nervous though too as I applied on week before I found I was preggers so have a baby due in April and a preschooler and a toddler! Life is going to be crazy for the next few years I think!!

Ellie86 is offline "You, you, and you, panic. The rest of you, come with me" - Jonas 'Snake Doctor' Blane
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abigailsam31 View Post
    Hello Ellie congrats on getting into uws parra.

Did u have any prev nursing or health background ? I will be applying next yr but unsure as no prev exp !

Really hope I get in at uws vbut will apply at uts and part time too. Will be good to know how u go and being a mum too.

Abigail
    Hi,
    thank you so much.

I don't have any nursing experience or background.
    I completed TPC (tertiary preparation certificate) at TAFE , 9 months ago and just applied straight after that course.

Good luck with your applications, I really recommend going to the uni open days, it's absolutely helpful.

I am so nervous. Will definitely let you know how I go.
    Thank you for writing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    This is the first time I've ever participated in a forum so I hope I'm doing it right....
    I have been offered a place at ACU Brisbane to study a Bachelor of Midwifery this year and as a mature age student who hasn't studied in nearly 20 years I'm very nervous! I'm mummy to a 9 month old daughter and I also work part time but am lucky to have a very supportive husband and mother.
    If anyone has ANY information or advice they can give me I would really appreciate it. At the moment I don't even know how to get to the campus from the Gold Coast lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec D View Post
    Hi everyone
    This is the first time I've ever participated in a forum so I hope I'm doing it right....
    I have been offered a place at ACU Brisbane to study a Bachelor of Midwifery this year and as a mature age student who hasn't studied in nearly 20 years I'm very nervous! I'm mummy to a 9 month old daughter and I also work part time but am lucky to have a very supportive husband and mother.
    If anyone has ANY information or advice they can give me I would really appreciate it. At the moment I don't even know how to get to the campus from the Gold Coast lol

Hi Bec

I'm starting BMid at ACU Brisbane this year as a very Mature Student

Are you going to the Orientation day on 13th Feby? Also next week is Mandatory Document Day - Wednesday I think...

I'm definitely nervous, but I think everyone will be in the same boat.

I remember at the information evening they spoke about a lady who lived on the Gold Coast, who had 5 kids and she graduated last year

Good luck with everything, hope to see you in uni

Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katecan View Post
    Hi Bec

I'm starting BMid at ACU Brisbane this year as a very Mature Student

Are you going to the Orientation day on 13th Feby? Also next week is Mandatory Document Day - Wednesday I think...

I'm definitely nervous, but I think everyone will be in the same boat.

I remember at the information evening they spoke about a lady who lived on the Gold Coast, who had 5 kids and she graduated last year

Good luck with everything, hope to see you in uni

Katie

Hi Katie

Thank you for replying Yep, I'll be at Orientation on the 13th.
    Oh what is Mandatory Document Day? I haven't heard anything about that....gee I'm off to a great start haha

I didn't go to the information evening (I don't think I really believed I'd even get an offer) but I'm so happy to hear about that lady. I was reading forums last night and started to freak out even more because it sounds like a really hard degree So that was great timing, I feel slightly better now, thank you I'm not scared of hard work but I've been wondering whether I'm doing the right thing because it feels like I'm being quite selfish.... Maybe I'm over thinking it!

Good luck to you too, hope to see you soon

Bec
    Last edited by Bec D; 02-02-2013 at 09:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec D View Post
    Hi Katie

Thank you for replying Yep, I'll be at Orientation on the 13th.
    Oh what is Mandatory Document Day? I haven't heard anything about that....gee I'm off to a great start haha

I didn't go to the information evening (I don't think I really believed I'd even get an offer) but I'm so happy to hear about that lady. I was reading forums last night and started to freak out even more because it sounds like a really hard degree So that was great timing, I feel slightly better now, thank you I'm not scared of hard work but I've been wondering whether I'm doing the right thing because it feels like I'm being quite selfish.... Maybe I'm over thinking it!

Good luck to you too, hope to see you soon

Bec
    Hi Bec,

I am also a mum on the gold coast with a 10 month old boy about to start midwifery at ACU.
    I to have been freaking out a little this week about if I am doing the right thing. I figure I have to try or I will regret it so Im sure it will all come into place after the first year.
    Where abouts on the coast are you? We should definitely try and catch up on campus . I will be there on Monday and Thursdays.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maytay View Post
    Hi Bec,

I am also a mum on the gold coast with a 10 month old boy about to start midwifery at ACU.
    I to have been freaking out a little this week about if I am doing the right thing. I figure I have to try or I will regret it so Im sure it will all come into place after the first year.
    Where abouts on the coast are you? We should definitely try and catch up on campus . I will be there on Monday and Thursdays.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Mel
    Hi Mel

So great to hear from you!!

I live in Reedy Creek, where abouts are you? Are you going to Orientation on Wednesday? I tried to private message you my number but it wouldn't work....

Are you going to study full or part time? I had the best timetable worked out but then they changed the Tuesday MIDW127 classes I wanted to Thursdays so I might have to drop to part time now

Have a great weekend.

Bec
    Last edited by Bec D; 08-02-2013 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2014 Intake: Midwifery or Nursing -- Griffith vs SCU ---- Gold Coast

Hi everyone..............I have just sent off my QTAC application for either Griffith or SCU for both Midwifery or nursing (Midwifery 1st pref). Hopefully get an offer from one of these for the 2014 intake. Just wondering those that started midwifery or nursing this year at either of these Unis could give me some feedback on the uni and the course? I live in Mermaid Waters on the Gold Coast so am right in the middle of both Uni campuses - torn as to what Uni or course to accept. Which Uni is deemed to be better - especially for placement? I have four daughters 8,7,3 and 2 so hopefully I can pull this off! Love to hear feedback! Also those that got in as mature age students - did you have very high TER scores back when you were at school - I'm not sure about this new system of Tertiary Entrance ranks but I received a TER of 71 back when I was at school and did a Tourism management degree at RMIT in Melbourne after this - what is deemed sufficient to get into Midwifery as that rank seems very high compared to Nursing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How have the grad offers gone this year in Victoria? Is there still a huge short fall of places?