+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello BreithCuidiu, I will be applying for 2014 so applying in sep this year. And have to attach a personal statement as well by the end of Nov at UTS also did you try UWS they have started it just this year.

Also looks like you been a doula so that could have helped if u had a personal statement isnt it ?? am soo interested in this course but been an EA/PA for 7yrs so not sure but will apply to both uni's and also for the part time at UTS whatever to just get in.

Not sure why its so hard to get in and why only two unis offer the direct entry course as I hate nursing and wouldnt do a nursing course. Anyway will apply for next year and see.

Will you be applying again next yr if u dont get in this year ?? And can see ur a mum to 4 too will be good to see how u do and also if ur applying next year good if we both get in to work together maybe !! Hope you get in either way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    RHJ congrats on completing your course and good to know that a kindergaten teacher got in and finished the course hope too start next year see how I go, really hope to get in all this hype of how hard it is is getting to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Thanks Foggy and RHJ. I'm from Melbourne. I've already done 6 years of uni (2 years of a degree and 4 years of another) so I'm probably crazy for even contemplating it!!
    Not crazy at all! I did a 4 year course for my Kinder teaching. then went back for my BMID 9 years later. Good thing for you- if it is under 10 years since you studied, then you can get some credits for any electives you would have, and if you have degrees already, it will up your chance of getting in so I was told.
    I am from Melbourne too and just finished my BMID. Fingers crossed you get in

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 Bachelor of Midwifery

How did everyone go with offers? I stayed up all night until my email beeped- and very happy to say I was offered a place at Griffith! Can't wait to enrol and find out all I need to know for the year. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY! congratulations honey. Hope others have been just as successful with their offers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I to am very excited with an offer to Griffith. Cant wait to start.

Ellie86 is offline "You, you, and you, panic. The rest of you, come with me" - Jonas 'Snake Doctor' Blane
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my name is Ellie.
    I have happily wondered onto this thread and I have gotten an offer for bachelor of midwifery at uws Parramatta, NSW.

I suppose, like wise perhaps, looking for support and venting etc within the time of this new adventure.

Congratulations to everyone who got an offer. Super exciting!

Thanks. Be well all.

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooooo excited!!! I got in to my first preference Doing the dual degree Bachelors of Nursing/Midwifery at UQ and my clinical placement is at the Mater!!! Someone pinch me

I cannot wait to start! I put in for my police check the other day, got my first Hep B needle, so just need to organise a few more things.

I was looking at the text list and it is crazy! Not even including the recommended texts comes to over $1000 just for semester one! A friend of mine finished the same degree a year ago and said she never bought a textbook - she just borrowed from the library so I think I will try that before I fork out so much money.

Anyway, just introducing myself Any others in the same course as me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummybynature View Post
    Sooooo excited!!! I got in to my first preference Doing the dual degree Bachelors of Nursing/Midwifery at UQ and my clinical placement is at the Mater!!! Someone pinch me

I cannot wait to start! I put in for my police check the other day, got my first Hep B needle, so just need to organise a few more things.

I was looking at the text list and it is crazy! Not even including the recommended texts comes to over $1000 just for semester one! A friend of mine finished the same degree a year ago and said she never bought a textbook - she just borrowed from the library so I think I will try that before I fork out so much money.

Anyway, just introducing myself Any others in the same course as me?
    i finished the Bmid at uq last year.
    cant speak for the nursing textbooks, but definitely get yourself a copy of Mayes Midwifery and Pairmans preparation for practice. They are amazing. I referenced these books in every single assignment I wrote. Also Physiology of Childbirth is another good buy for when you have to explain anat and physiology (e.g mechanisms of pre-eclampsia) in assignments and it explains things quite clearly as well

have a look at bookdepository.co.uk free postage and 25-50% cheaper than uq bookshop prices

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ellie congrats on getting into uws parra.

Did u have any prev nursing or health background ? I will be applying next yr but unsure as no prev exp !

Really hope I get in at uws vbut will apply at uts and part time too. Will be good to know how u go and being a mum too.

Abigail