+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LouLou I am sure it's MRJB she has posted in a few of the threads about midwifery. Maybe send her a private message but I will tell her on the fb page

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there MrsM1985,
    I've applied for BMid at ACU in Brisbane for next year. The suspense is killing me. It seems the closer it gets the harder it is to have patience!

Fingers crossed for everyone applying for Uni in 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katecan,
    The suspense sure is the hardest part. Good luck with your application not long to wait now. We have a facebook page if you want to private message me you name and i can ask the admin lady to add you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsM1985 For This Useful Post:

katecan  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've applied to UTS for Bachelor of Midwifery 2013. Yes the wait is agonising!! Pretty sure I won't get in though as I didn't submit a personal statement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreithCuidiu View Post
    I've applied to UTS for Bachelor of Midwifery 2013. Yes the wait is agonising!! Pretty sure I won't get in though as I didn't submit a personal statement.
    I am hoping for B.Mid at Griffith (QLD) i didn't submit a personal statement either just applied with work history and my rank is above the cutoff. I know with QTAC you can call them and they are able to tell you your rank and if you are competitive for a place. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I am studying midwifery at Griffith (Logan). I have just completed my first year as a part time student. So in 2013 I will complete the 2nd half of the first year load.

I just wanted to reassure anyone who is hoping to study at GU that it is a great uni and the program is awesome! I have 2 kids and work, and found the parttime load is do-able. Peers who I study with doing a fulltime program say that it is 'full-on' and to be prepared for lots of stress and running around juggling COCs and study.

All the best for 2013. I would love to hear what hospitals you all have put as your preferences for prac.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 Bachelor of Midwifery

Hi everyone. This thread popped up in the feed and I thought I might ask...those of you applying for midwifery courses, are you coming from a nursing background? Do you have to have a degree in nursing to apply? Thanks and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi futuremamma, I come from retail background and no formal medical training. Certain Unis offer direct entry to midwifery, where are you from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Hi everyone. This thread popped up in the feed and I thought I might ask...those of you applying for midwifery courses, are you coming from a nursing background? Do you have to have a degree in nursing to apply? Thanks and good luck!
    Foggy is right. Certain Unis offer direct entry midwifery- so no need for a nursing background. I have just completed a bachelor of midwifery (also known as direct entry midwifery) and didn't have any medical training at all, I was a Kindergarten teacher before studying

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Foggy and RHJ. I'm from Melbourne. I've already done 6 years of uni (2 years of a degree and 4 years of another) so I'm probably crazy for even contemplating it!!