+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby showers with a twist?

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Thank you it's really put my mind at ease! It's really about seeing them all before we settle into hibernation hehe
    That's what our baby shower was like. It was more about eating yummy food, catching up with friends - our last little hurrah before baby came.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the singlet idea is very cute

My mum wants to do a french style high tea in her garden for mine. Lots of little tables with petite fours, champagne and Edith Piaf playing. I don't want to do any games either, just an afternoon tea where people can eat yummy food and have a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews

At a recent baby shower I went to, different people wrote cards to give to the baby on its birthday. People were able to write meaningful messages and advice for the baby to read on each birthday.

I'm about to arrange my sister's baby shower. I'm going to get a nice box and ask people to bring items to contribute to it as the "New Parents Survival Kit". Each item, small or large, will have a tag from each person saying why it is in the kit. Ie candle as your child will always be the light of your life. Calm balm to keep you all calm. Bag of nuts for one-handed snacks while nursing. Babysitting coupon etc. PJs because you'll be living in them etc etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BluePixie For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum also saw this thing where you cut out cards it shapes and everyone that comes writes down a wish for the baby and their future. Then you can stick them all in a book and save it for their 18th or 21st.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wanted to do something for this baby, it's my 3rd but my first with my partner and the first girl, so much has happened that we have both been really stressed and with bubs being due in jan I also have my eldest turning 7 in dec and then Xmas it's a very busy time of year.

The idea of being able to get everyone together and have a nice relaxing day is what I wanted so I am having a high tea but also combining it with dds bday so it's just a really girly day. I have a tattoo artist coming to do things for the kids and there is also a sandpit and stuff there for them to play and I get to sit back and relax eating yummy food with no fuss and can introduce my family to my partners family as we havnt had a chance to do that yet.

I have also asked for no gifts as we have most of what we need and it's more just for a catch up