+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Breaking the news of your BFP to DH or DP..

I have every intention of doing something nice like a card or little present.. But I do have a sneaking suspicion that I will also be far too excited at the time and will just blurt it out. FX for a BFP soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've bought a baby beanie and scarf in DH's nrl team colors that I will give to him when I get a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My hubby wasn't home, I was so excited that I messaged him a photo of the test to get his opinion lol... Such a stupid way of telling him!
    Lol I did this too. Sometimes I wish I did it a special way but I was so excited at the time (and in complete shock) I wanted to tell him ASAP.

We told my parents in a special way. I got a helium balloon in the shape of a baby and I made a speech bubble saying "hi grandma and grandpa. See you in 8 months!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ds1 we hadn't been together long so I chickend out and got his sister to tell him. With ds2 we were trying and he wouldn't leave me alone to do what I had to. I'm actually a bit surprised he didn't pee on the stick himself. I love the ideas some of the ladies have. That would be very special.

Thanks
    Reviews

DH was on the phone do I left the bfp hpt on the kitchen window sill where he could see it straight away. It took agesss for him to look at it, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breaking the news of your BFP to DH or DP..

I did an Internet cheapie the morning of 11dpo and got a faint line. I took it out to dh (both home) and asked him if he could see it... We had the torch out and everything.

Later that afternoon I brought a digital test and we did it together. When it came up pregnant we both stood there and cuddled and I cried etc. It was beautiful

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    We told my parents in a special way. I got a helium balloon in the shape of a baby and I made a speech bubble saying "hi grandma and grandpa. See you in 8 months!"
    We told our parents in a special way as well. My sister was 24 weeks pregnant when we found out we were expecting, and my Dad had made himself a t-shirt that read "National Bank of Grandad: Opening Soon". Dad answered the phone when I called my parents and I asked him how much money the Bank of Grandad had.

We asked my inlaws what their plans were for November. MIL ran through about 20 different things, youngest kids were graduating from highschool, they had a couple of weddings, some church things... we let her go for about 15 minutes and then DH asked her if she'd like to visit us to meet her grandchild. Dead silence. It was hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I got my BFP I wrote Congratulations (name)! on an infant sized nappy and put it along with the test on his pillow for him to find when he turned the electric blanket on.
    Took him ages to find it and when he did he didnt say anything so I had to ask him about it, when he had digested the news he stood up, cuddled me and got all teary. He was very happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my DP last night after getting a BFP yesterday at 11dpo.
    I went out and bought a little singlet at best & less that says 50% mummy + 50% daddy = 100 % cute. I wrapped the test inside and handed it to him. He opened it and was completely shocked and got all teary, it was beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love reading all these happy stories. It's really heartwarming how loved all these bubs are before they even grace you with their presence.
    xx