+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What can you tell me about ZUMBA?

Okay, so I realise it's been around for a while but I thought I'd give it a go.

Anyone done it here? If so, classes or at home?

If at home, did you use DVD, Wii or XBox? Sets? Were they any good?

If at classes, what types did you do? I'm not sure which ones are for beginners.

Do you wear all that funky clothing or is that just for the ads? I can imagine me riiiiight at the back of the class in my bogan shorts and t-shirt......

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Re: What can you tell me about ZUMBA?

Yes I am a beginner. I am doing the Zumba fitness challenge on here. Have a look at my daily diary. I am on phone so I can't link. Go to the weight loss section where there is a sub section called zumba fitness challenge. Mine is the anewme.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Re: What can you tell me about ZUMBA?

I am using the Zumba fitness exhilirate system. I will put a link up when I get back to pc.
    I just wear tights and a shirt, nothing special.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What can you tell me about ZUMBA?

I'm another one who's part of the challenge.

I've never done a class but the DVD's are great!

I suppose it depends on what works for you. Do you work better in a group setting? Does the attendance of a class make you more motivated to continue?

Or like me, would you prefer others not watch you, need flexibility in what time you do your workout etc if so the DVD is the best option.

As for Zumba itself, it's lots of fun, the instructors keep you engaged and before you know you're feeling the burn, your heart rate is up, you are sweating and you didn't really feel like you were 'exercising'. More like a group dance at a club! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did Zumba once....at a gym. Didn't get much of a workout as I spent most of the time trying to work out what I was meant to be doing! By the time I worked it out the class had moved on to the next dance! Barely worked up a sweat...
    Needless to say..I am un-co and can't dance to save myself

It was fun, my friend and I had a great laugh, but I think I will stick to normal aerobics classes which you don't need to be so co-ordinated..lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've tried a few of the DVD's and they are OK. I am unco and spend most of the time frustrated that I can't get the moves right, even after a few attempts.

I feel I get a lot more out of a traditional aerobics type workout (Michelle Bridges ones are great). I have mastered them now and get a lot more satisfaction from my workouts.

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do Zumba classes twice a week at the local church hall.
    I love it. It's my "me time" and it's so much fun.

You don't need to wear their clothing, just some shorts and a singlet is fine, or 3/4 tights. And some really good joggers that's all.

I just do the normal Zumba with a toning session at the end.
    Some classes use weights and that workout is a little bit harder.

Give one lesson a try to see if you like it, trust me, you will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do a Zumba class once a week at the gym. Before pregnancy I was a very hard core exercsiser and didn't find it enough of a workout at all for me, but whilst pregnant it is absolutely perfect. I enjoy it I just wear basic workout clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I did Zumba once....at a gym. Didn't get much of a workout as I spent most of the time trying to work out what I was meant to be doing! By the time I worked it out the class had moved on to the next dance! Barely worked up a sweat...
    Needless to say..I am un-co and can't dance to save myself

It was fun, my friend and I had a great laugh, but I think I will stick to normal aerobics classes which you don't need to be so co-ordinated..lol
    This was just like me... I almost fell over about 30 times.. same with the boxercise class Me and my Grandma were laughing our butts off hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorry about my short answers before I was at the Dr's.
    This DVD system I am using https://www.zumbafitness.com/
    I have lost 8.6kgs and 17cms of waist and 13cms of my hips in the last 4 weeks.

I just love the system. I was absolute beginner. I have never done a exercise class in my life. They have a step by step DVD that teaches you the basic steps before you move on to the workouts. The workouts range from a 20 min to a hour and have various difficulty levels. It is a fantastic system and I would highly recommend it.
    It is amazing how far I have come in such a short time.

Here a link to my diary section. http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...php?893-anewme
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 19-11-2012 at 14:11.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (19-11-2012)