+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Preparing for waters to break

I am only 17w3d but I'm terrified my waters will ruin my brand new mattress LOL!

We spent a fortune on it (before this surprise baby came)!! Does it stain? Is there lots :/ I'm really freaking out

Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Couldn't you put a mattress protector on closer to the time? You could even put a water proof one on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We put a waterproof mattress protector on. Its still on now to protect from nappy leaks, booby leaks and spews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I won't lie to you - if your waters break and come out in one big gush, you won't be able to save your mattress. BUT, it's not all that common for waters to break like that so try not to stress. If you're worried, make sure there's a good mattress protector on your bed, and put down something extra to lie on. My DH works in a hospital and was able to grab me a 'Connie' (square purple waterproof thingy, if you haven't seen one you'll most likely see them when you do have your baby) but a towel would also help.

My waters didn't break in one big gush - my hindwaters started leaking, so a pad was all that was needed, and my forewaters were broken in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could pop a 'kylie' on....it's an absorbent mat, holds around 2 litres of liquid. You can purchase them at most chemists. Or you could use a plastic mattress protector, or a shower curtain and cover them in towels. Amniotic fluid does stain. It ruins upholstery, so pop a towel down in the car too!

Thanks
    Reviews

I might invest in a waterproof mattress protector. I already use a normal one but this is a great idea!

I could get a friend to grab me a kylie from my old work!! Why didn't I think of this lol!!

Dp even threatened I sleep on the couch closer to the time because of how expensive it was bahaha! Fat chance!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep a waterproof protector on my mattress anyway haha. Put an extra old blanket under your base sheet if you're still worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mattress was only a few months old at the end of my pregnancy and very expensive too! I had a normal mattress protector plus a thick bath sheet size towel under the fitted sheet. My waters broke in a massive gush while I was sleeping, I jumped up so quick and pulled the sheets off the bed. There was no damage to the mattress, it wasn't wet. The same can't be said for DH's car seat. Absolute flood.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My waters broke with my 4th baby when I was in bed asleep - there was a lot! It looked like I'd wet the bed.

If you just bought a new mattress I would definitely invest in a couple of mattress protectors. Can't hurt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think of anything like this...lucky both times they didn't break until I was pushing them out. My DH would die! He doesn't cope at all well for things like that.