+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you get a Christmas present?

Not single anymore but my Mum took the girls shopping for my present when I was single

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But I don't really care either way...lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for sharing ladies, I think I might give the kids some money to go shopping. But I did do that once, I think it was earlier this year for my bday, and they loved it, they were so proud of themselves as they went in all by themselves (to Big W while I sat outside), but honestly the presents weren't great LOL. Though I'd probably suffer through it again just to see the looks on their faces! Or I could try and send them shopping with my mum I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post

Also my exH organises a gift from the boys for Christmas, mothers day and birthday. It's nice and pretty random what I receive ... I just got a huge tub of M&Ms and a $40 gift voucher for my birthday. I'm pretty sure DS1 wanted the chocs himself - and they are the bulk of them. Cute though.
    When ex and I separated I organised this as well, just to the value of $20, but this year it's been like drawing blood out of a stone and I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything for my bday and mothers day. I guess the girlyfriend doesn't approve of us buying gifts for each other. Even though it's all on behalf of the kids anyway. *sigh* Oh well.

Well I really really want family portraits, just the 4 of us. They would look great hanging up on the wall in our new home. I should try and start saving.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Can you ask if the photographer will let you pay them off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was single no gifts but It didnt bother me. Maybe you can organize a single parents gift swap through the forums here, like a secret santa type thing could be fun and everyone will get a pressie for under the tree can tell the kids santa got it for you

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Thanks for sharing ladies, I think I might give the kids some money to go shopping. But I did do that once, I think it was earlier this year for my bday, and they loved it, they were so proud of themselves as they went in all by themselves (to Big W while I sat outside), but honestly the presents weren't great LOL. Though I'd probably suffer through it again just to see the looks on their faces! Or I could try and send them shopping with my mum I guess.

When ex and I separated I organised this as well, just to the value of $20, but this year it's been like drawing blood out of a stone and I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything for my bday and mothers day. I guess the girlyfriend doesn't approve of us buying gifts for each other. Even though it's all on behalf of the kids anyway. *sigh* Oh well.

Well I really really want family portraits, just the 4 of us. They would look great hanging up on the wall in our new home. I should try and start saving.
    Could you and the ex go halves on the photos, some with you and the kids and some with him and the kids? This would depend on your relationship of course but worth a suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Can you ask if the photographer will let you pay them off?
    That's a good idea, thanks. I'll try and find a photographer that does that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    That's a good idea, thanks. I'll try and find a photographer that does that.
    Do not get sucked in by shopping centre photographers! They let you do payment plans but they are not photographers. The company I applied for did not require any training to step behind camera and you will also be paying a lot of money for just prints

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Do you get a Christmas present?

Yes. My mum has bought me a set of sheets. When she arrives a few days before christmas, i am giving DS some money to buy me whatever he wants to open christmas day. That could be anything really. The other day he told me i would really like some flower seeds lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    When I was single no gifts but It didnt bother me. Maybe you can organize a single parents gift swap through the forums here, like a secret santa type thing could be fun and everyone will get a pressie for under the tree can tell the kids santa got it for you

Could you and the ex go halves on the photos, some with you and the kids and some with him and the kids? This would depend on your relationship of course but worth a suggestion.
    I know there used to be a secret santa swap on here for the single Mums...maybe someone will organise it, not me, haha..or should I?
    I get a present from my mum and dad, and one from FOB..we swap gifts, although I am going to can it this year. I am going to try to not be there..every year since DD was a baby we have spent Christmas together (we aren't exes, flingers, haha) and I think at 4 DD is old enough to spend it there on her own, and I'll come and pick her up in the afternoon. I'll be down the road at a friend's house drinking champagne and eating roast chicken, nom nom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the one christmas I was single, I dont think I got anything lol Maybe my mum got me something but it was from her not the kids....