+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you get a Christmas present?

Hello single mummies (and daddies if there are any on here!), particularly the unpartnered ones...

I was just reading through the "what do you want for Christmas" thread, about people making wish lists for their husbands/partners. I know what I want for Christmas. Just no one to buy it for me! It's the same as I wanted last year (family portraits ), but after buying all the kids their presents I've usually close to running out of money and time and energy, so I didn't end up getting them. Plus buying yourself a Christmas present is abit depressing IMO! So I think last year I just bought myself a book, wrapped it up and put it under the tree and opened it with the kids. Woohoo LOL.
    The kids get really disappointed if I don't get a great gift. I do get a little present off my mum, and sometimes my bestie, but as far as sitting under the Christmas tree and opening presents for myself, they're usually abit scarce.

So what happens in your house? Do you buy yourself a gift and wrap it up? Do you buy yourself a decent gift or just something small? Do you have other people that buy you a gift, so at least you get *something*?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I ask my mum and dad to take the kids shopping for a present for me, I give my eldest the money though. That way the kids are the ones who are actually buying my present :-)

I'll also get gifts from my parents and my boyfriend.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have bought myself what I want. My mum has bought me a gorgeous outfit to wear as well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My mum usually gives me something to unwrap Christmas morning but other than that it's simply watching DD unwrap all her presents. I'm kind of used to it these days. Same as my birthday and Mother's Day, they mean nothing to me anymore, except for the gorgeous cards DD makes me.

Thanks
    Reviews

We stay at my parents' house on Christmas eve, my sister does too, as we love having Christmas morning with all of us there. DD gets her presents from Santa and then my brother and his wife come over for breakfast and we open the presents under the tree. I would find it a bit of an anticlimax if it was just DD opening presents on her own with me watching...

Thanks
    Reviews

Deleted post:

Sorry on mobile didn't see the section. Whoops. Many apologies.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 20-11-2012 at 11:38.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

CMF  (20-11-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Yes from hubby, my parents and inlaws usually.
    Ummmm…… single parents lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

This year I am getting my mum to take the kids shopping for a present that they can pick out with money that I will give

Thanks
    Reviews

For mothers day and my birthday I gave my mum some money to take the boys shopping to choose me some PJs (winter ones on MD and summer on bday) my boys get a kick out of me wearing them.

For Christmas in the past my mum have gotten me a gift from them. But now they DS1 is old enough to choose gifts I'm thinking I'll give her some money to choose what they want then as well.

Also my exH organises a gift from the boys for Christmas, mothers day and birthday. It's nice and pretty random what I receive ... I just got a huge tub of M&Ms and a $40 gift voucher for my birthday. I'm pretty sure DS1 wanted the chocs himself - and they are the bulk of them. Cute though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually I'll go and get my hair done right before Christmas and birthday (the bi-annual haircut) so I feel all loverly on the day, but we're trying to save this year so that probably wont happen. I might give DS $10 or so, so he can go out and buy me a Christmas gift- it'll probably be pretty random though, although it's more for the purpose of him thinking of someone else than what Santa is bringing him. I do get a present from Mum as well as my siblings, it just wont be under the tree.