+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Canberra ladies: Which FS do you recommend?

We never really explored our options my O&G dr Ruba (who is also gorgeous) said she had the best success rate in ACT and we never thought to see what the price difference was as Simone squeezed us in 2hrs later.

Because of our distance she has been amazing by phoning or texting is with instructions every second day even when she was OS which was brilliant. I'm sorry that you haven't had the same experience. It may also be because I'm a midwife and I can understand things a lot clearer so need less time possibly, we have cut out the middle man with pathology and ultrasonographers. Fingers crossed it lasts and we don't need to have many cycles as we can't afford too many cycles after flood damage to our house and needing major work done. Everything happens at once here!

I hope that you are blessed soon with another miracle, it is so easy to lose hope and so hard to watch friends and family have such easy conceptions and pregnancy.

Bindy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bindy!
    wow that is a
    amazing service isn't it? Half your luck! Honestly I don't know if its maybe I expect too much or don't ask enough questions but I ways walk out of any FS office feelin a bit unsure
    where abouts are you located since you have distance issues are you on the outskirts of town?
    I hope you can sort your home out easily and in expensively what a nightmare for you guys!!!
    Im so looking forward to hearing four updates about your cycle fingers crossed!!
    xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Genea is more expensive initially but I'm not sure how much more it is once you get the rebates. I've had Simone do one of my transfers and she was lovely. I'm with Tween low, who is now also looking after me through my pregnancy as I'm high risk. I find her to be fantastic. Very thorough. I also found the nurses at genea to be very supportive, you can call them any time day or night.

Best of luck to you. Hope you get your Bfp very soon and won't have to worry about ivf anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks clementine grace
    yeah Simone did two transfers for me.. Both of them were not great very painful and uncomfortable but that could be my body too??
    i really think I am on the verge of forgetting a out ivf already it's such a heartbreak ain't it??
    i wish you all the best in your pregnancy :-)))

Thanks
    Reviews

I did find Simons more clinical to be honest. She was nice but I don't find her bedside manner as good as Tweens. She was a bit cold and clinical...

Ivf is just so grueling isn't it but your Bfp might be just around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's how I found her also.
    I guess maybe the problem is more within me, I am feeling so disillusioned about the whole process...
    And the good news is there is a baby in our family being born the day after my birthday I a few weeks, so just another failed cycle to greet a new life with.. Oh dear I am very negative this morning regarding all this maybe I better stop posting before I rub off on all of you ladies xxxx
    Last edited by Tiredofttc; 28-11-2012 at 06:35.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh man thats really poor form! I've had 3 early miscarraiges and I found tween really good. She also sees me in her rooms every time and works out what we can try next time. When I did get pregnant I've had high blood pressure from the beginning and the nurses were worried about me and got in contact with tween and she organized meds and drs appointments for me while she was OS. I guess I just feel like she cares.

It is a horrible process though. Maybe you need some time out to get some strength back before you go again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah of course I was very sensitive then so maybe I did read too much into it. I feel bad for saying bad things about a doctor on a public forum. In fact I think ill delete that post :/(even though its the truth- being nasty isn't really my form)
    guess I'm just saying I've not yet left a FS office with that "you matter and are important to me" feeling..
    Youre so lucky that you have been helped Along the way she seems like a nice doctor!!!!
    yeah you're right I probably do need time out I think I just can't believe my cycle was cancelled Monday and I'm not overly thrilled about it(y would I be!)
    but this cycle is not with Genea so it's not a reflection on anything I've said!!
    How many rounds have you done now? This was my 6th cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh that is a horrible experience I hope things look up for you very soon

We actually live about 600km in rural NSW Canberra is our nearest clinic but we have ultrasound and pathology facilities 120km away from home which I have been using second daily for the first two weeks of a Clomid tracking cycle. It has been so tiresome especially working full time and on our farm. Actually looking forward to IVF as I am going to take two weeks off around the transfer so will be like a holiday!
    Last edited by Bindy111; 28-11-2012 at 06:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! You do have to travel quite a way!!
    you will be so exhausted after all that travelling and meds as well!!
    yeah you will need those two weeks off for sure! I wish you all the best ad look forward to seeing a bfp soon!!!