+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default So your kids have a Christmas wish list?

Just wondering because dd never does. It's always up to me to figure out what she will like and get use out of. If we go shopping and look at toys I have to pry out of her what she will like for Christmas and birthdays. Really not sure why lol. Any other kids like this or do most kids have a wish list ready for anyone who will listen?

Eta- title suppose to say do you...

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah my son and I will sit down with the catalogue and pick what he would like Santa to bring I will write it out ad a Santa letter as he is just turning 4 so can't write and then we will leave it in his stocking for Santa to collect we do maybe 8 letters for the run upto Christmas and Santa will leave a little present every time he collects his letter mainly choc Santas and coins its great really makes him so excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is the first year I have sat down with the boys to write a letter to santa with a wish list. When they are older and the whole santa thing is in the past, I hope they will start letting me know what they would like.

My mum use to always ask me what I wanted then not even get it for me haha I hated that because I would get my hopes up only to be disapointed in the end lol

My kids look at things all the time at the shops and say thats what they would like santa to get them lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds talks about writing a Santa letter but it rarely happens- we just don't get around to it. But he does have 'wishes', although it can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. Normally he'll want EVERYTHING, and I can tell you- he'll play with these things once and than not touch them. But sometimes there are things that he truely wants- like Skylanders for this year. But he doesn't have a game console and I've already bought his big items this year, so unfortunatley he may be disapointed. I've tried setting him up for it though, telling him that if he saves up enough money to buy the console, I'll help him by the Skylanders game. Double unfortunate is that my nephew (who is younger) will be getting Skylanders from Santa. I'm screwed!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just make a note of things he's expressed an interest in through the year and then my husband and I go through ot and pick a few things. We like to get a mix of outdoor and indoor things plus some books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD writes a list, but I don't really follow it. She is heavily influenced by ads, and wants things she sees on TV, but never actually plays with them so they're a waste.

She wants a hula-hoop, I know that's on this year's list, so I'll get that... usually I try to get at least something off the list, but otherwise I just make the choice for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd (2) does, you ask her what she wants and everytime she says a bike and a horsie.

She's getting the bike but not the horse haha

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I give DS the toy catalogues and a pen and he circles all the things he might like. Then he usually goes off and draws pictures of the main thing he really really would like. He knows that he wont get EVERYTHING he circles and he knows there is a chance he will get none of the things he circled but he has fun flipping through and choosing. Amazingly he is rather picky and doesnt just circle everything like Id expect a child too

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: So your kids have a Christmas wish list?

DS is not quite 3 and has somehow picked up the idea of requesting things from Santa. I made him a new Xmas stocking the other day and explained what it's for and he said 'yeah, and Santa will put a telescope inside the stocking!' So now he wants to find Santa at the shops to tell him to bring a telescope. It blows my mind that he remembers Santa being at the shops from last year when he was not quite 2. He even remembers where Santa was sitting at the shops and everything.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Whenever DD(4) mentions something she wants or needs, I suggest she asks Santa for it

But mostly, I choose presents that are in budget and age/ skill appropriate- luckily DD is desperate for a scooter which is what we're getting her and DD2 for Christmas.

But the only tv they watch is ABC2 which means we haven't yet been nagged for things they've seen on ads.