View Poll Results: How many times a week do you eat a different dinner to your kids?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

15 36.59%

12 29.27%

1 2.44%

3 7.32%

3 7.32%

1 2.44%

1 2.44%

5 12.20%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our children eat what we eat. If they don't eat it they get nothing else.

We all sit around the dinner table with the TV off and no one leaves until everyone has finished. It's a tradition that didn't happen in my family that I want to happen with my own family. I believe its an important factor in making a close family (which I want to have).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How many times a week do you eat a different dinner to your kids?

A few times a week - if we get home too late for me to cook and DD is hungry/tired then I will heat her up something we have pre-cooked and frozen for her. DH and I then just cook something for ourselves when she is in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish I could say DS eats what we eat but he doesn't

He has become quite fussy and my main concern is that he actually eats his dinner because he is very lean. Therefore I feed him what I know he will eat. His dinners are always balanced and healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Most nights, DS1 eats his dinner at 6, in bed by 7. We don't eat our diner til 7:30-8... Generally he gets what we have had for dinner the next night, so he does eat the same as us just a day later.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

Depends on what I want to what they would eat. We norm eat the same stuff most of the time

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How many times a week do you eat a different dinner to your kids?

Must of the time we eat different dinners. We only eat the same if it's a roast dinner really (meat & veg). They have dietary restrictions and are very fussy eaters and tbh most of the things they like I find gross!

I would really love to only cook one dinner but that day won't come for many years yet I expect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every day. They eat at 4.30 - 5pm and in bed at 7pm. DP gets home about 7-7.30pm so we have dinner then.

As the kids get older and stay up later then dinner/bed times will change but now I dont mind that we dont eat tea together.

We do all sorts of other stuff together so we dont miss out on quality time and its no big deal to cook seperate meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: How many times a week do you eat a different dinner to your kids?

Sometimes we each eat something different for dinner. We usually only eat the same thing 3 or 4 times a week. However we always sit down together to eat at the table. Just because we have different things to eat doesn't mean we cant eat together - I love cooking so making different meals doesn't bother me.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bressar View Post
    Rarely, maybe once a week and thats probably because we get takeaway after shes gone to bed.
    This one x

Thanks
    Reviews

Pretty much every night. DD (15mo) eats dinner at 5:30 so on daycare days (3 days a week) she gets a meal from the freezer as there's no time to cook. I batch cook on weekends or make DD-sized portions of our dinners and set aside so there's usually a few options in the freezer.

DD goes to bed at 6:30/7pm. 3 nights a week DH gets home from work after 7 and the other 2 nights I get home after 7:30, so it's not possible to all eat together.

We try to have a meal together when we can, usually it's lunch on a weekend.