+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    i love eggs and toast for dinner with some baked beans and ham if any available! We don't have aldi here in wa. I lived in NSW 12 years ago and I think is was starting around then? It's a cheap supermarket?
    It is, it's good for basic pantry items & frozen stuff, cleaning products, nappies, toilet paper etc it's quite a bit cheaper. I still buy most of my fresh food at fruit & veg shop & woolies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    -Chicken & pesto pasta (it's good the next day cold for lunch or as a side for dinner too), or any type of pasta/sauce combination.
    -mini quiches; 5 minutes prep and 20 cooking time, serve with chips and salad.

I also freeze lasagnes and other pasta dishes for nights that I don't have time to cook/can't be bothered.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

I always have chorizo in the fridge. It keeps for a while, cooks fast, and I can throw it in practically anything to "beef" it up. E.g. add it to:
    - pasta with tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion
    - frittata with onions and veg
    - pasta with haloumi & cherry tomatoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Your easiest and quickesminimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithUnagi View Post
    I always have chorizo in the fridge. It keeps for a while, cooks fast, and I can throw it in practically anything to "beef" it up. E.g. add it to:
    - pasta with tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion
    - frittata with onions and veg
    - pasta with haloumi & cherry tomatoes
    How long is it supposed to last in the fridge?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Coles frozen pizza's are a winner in my house and can't complain for 2 for $7

Spinach & tomato scrambled eggs on toast

Blts another favourite

Tuna pasta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

JTBaby  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is :

Packet of pasta
    1 jar of pasta bake or tomato bolognaise sauce
    packet of baby spinach
    Packet of sliced mushrooms
    Half jar of sundried tomatoes
    Grated cheese

Easy , peezy pasta bake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Packet of gnocchi pasta in a baking dish, pour a jar of pasta sauce over and sprinkle with grated cheese and bake!

Diced chicken and onion in a baking dish with honey soy or black bean marinade and bake. Serve with microwave rice.

Diced chicken, capsicum, onion and tinned pineapple kabab sticks, brush on satay marinade and bake.

Thanks
    Reviews

Most pasta dishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a few leftover meals or pre-cooked things ready in the freezer. We have 1 regular late night a week and we either get something from the freezer or I pre-cook it and leave it in the fridge.

Otherwise we sometimes do a quick stir-fry with either veggies I chopped up beforehand or frozen veggies. I also do a quick curry with frozen veggies + an onion and a BBQ chicken.

Thanks
    Reviews

Tinned spaghetti...dinner. Is. Served. Lol