+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

Oh and beef & black bean stir fry. I buy the minute steak and slice it long ways, coat in flour and brown then throw on a packet of the stir fry packet from the salad section at woolies, and then some beef & black bean sauce. With or without rice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

Toast

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012),Boobycino  (18-11-2012),singlemumma82  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

This is every Monday and Tuesday night for us because those are my work days.

Fish fingers and chips
    Eggs on toast
    Packet chicken curry pasta (the continental one) with frozen veg and boiled eggs
    Soft boiled eggs, frozen spinach seasoned well with salt, dried garlic and loads of nutmeg, and boiled potato (salt and butter).
    Thermomix risotto or easy carbonara
    A super quick stirfry - sliced meat, some crushed garlic, sliced chilli, snow peas, packet of noodles and some soy and oyster sauce.
    Pita bread pizzas

5. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pasta with Pesto!
    Just boil pasta, drain and stir pesto through!!

My fav is sundried tomato.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Toast
    This! Or if I'm feeling luxurious, toasted sandwich!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012),Boobycino  (18-11-2012),Chillies  (19-11-2012),shelle65  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and of course scrambled eggs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Stir fry - jsut bag of veges, pack of meat in strips and some oyster sauce.
    Pasta with some basil pesto, halved cherry toms, diced bacon and grated parmesan.
    i love the pesto idea. Super easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Laksa: easiest, quickest method is to fry some laksa paste, tip in a tin of coconut milk and some water, add some frozen veg and noodles and boil for a couple of minutes. Garnish with some bean shoots and coriander I do a more involved version but this is the quickest way

Similarly you can do a noodle stir fry with veggies and noodles, whatever meat you fancy and whatever sauce you have on hand, I usually just chuck in some soy, ginger paste and oyster sauce.

Sakanaki and Greek salad: slice some haloumi cheese and fry in some vegetable oil, chop up red onions, tomato, cucumber, and add kalamata olives, some feta, oregano and a tin of lentils and dress with some balasmic and olive oil.

Salmon and asparagus pasta: boil some pasta, chop up asparagus and steam for a few minutes. Drain pasta, add asparagus, a tin of red salmon, knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    yum to all of that. We love laska. I must admit I am really wussy and haven't attempted to make one yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Pasta & sauce. I also toss in a cup of frozen veggies, the small cubed ones.

Tuna mornay www.taste.com.au/recipes/25375/tuna+mornay it's reasonably quick - the time in the oven I tidy, or bath & change the kids before dinner etc. And I add tinned corn, omit the celery cos I don't eat it & bread, again toss in frozen veg to bulk it up.

Scrambled eggs on toast. (With baked beans if we have them) breakfast for dinner is good, heck cereal is not unheard of in my house for dinner.

omelettes with cheese, tuna & tinned corn.

We have a George Forman grill so lamb chops, chicken breast/thigh, steak & some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese/feta cubes, olives. If I have a free hand I'll make the dressing myself otherwise a store bought salad dressing.

Ummmmmmm and I tend to have a freezer full of oven bake easy meals from aldi "just in case" everything goes down the crapper that day with my 8 month old & 4 year old and we just need full bellies and don't care about nutritional content.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    i love eggs and toast for dinner with some baked beans and ham if any available! We don't have aldi here in wa. I lived in NSW 12 years ago and I think is was starting around then? It's a cheap supermarket?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time.

Subbing

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub