+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

I need some inspiration! When you're runnning late and need to get dinner done in a hurry, what are your easiest meal ideas?

eg. a shop bough pasta and sauce with dressed packet salad

a roast chicken (pre bought) with salad and wraps

We try not to eat too many packet kind of foods.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time. Need inspiration!

We get pre packaged ravioli from Aldi's n u can either whack it in the oven for 45mins with foil over it or microwave it in a bowl-it is lovely too

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Your easiest and quickest meal with minimal prep and cooking time.

This is totally lazy but the girls are (mostly) wheat/dairy/additive free so fast dinners are tough... If I need something fast, the kids have rice & kidney beans or tin tuna with brown sauce, Or fish fingers/rice noodles. I usually add some carrot sticks & (if time allows) some boiled veg. Dh & I have beans on toast or leftovers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Stir fry - jsut bag of veges, pack of meat in strips and some oyster sauce.
    Pasta with some basil pesto, halved cherry toms, diced bacon and grated parmesan.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Laksa: easiest, quickest method is to fry some laksa paste, tip in a tin of coconut milk and some water, add some frozen veg and noodles and boil for a couple of minutes. Garnish with some bean shoots and coriander I do a more involved version but this is the quickest way

Similarly you can do a noodle stir fry with veggies and noodles, whatever meat you fancy and whatever sauce you have on hand, I usually just chuck in some soy, ginger paste and oyster sauce.

Sakanaki and Greek salad: slice some haloumi cheese and fry in some vegetable oil, chop up red onions, tomato, cucumber, and add kalamata olives, some feta, oregano and a tin of lentils and dress with some balasmic and olive oil.

Salmon and asparagus pasta: boil some pasta, chop up asparagus and steam for a few minutes. Drain pasta, add asparagus, a tin of red salmon, knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My quickest & easiest meal for the kids is a plate of salad- squares of ham and cheese, cubed avocado, tin corn, carrot and celery sticks with hummous, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Eggs! Bacon and egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs on toast, frittata with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes - whatever you have/like.

Pasta. Carbonara takes about 15 minutes, as does spaghetti with oven roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic and parmesan - there are HEAPS of super fast pasta recipes on Taste.com

Stirfries are really quick.

I always have home made vegie and chicken stock in the freezer and I just defrost a portion, put some noodles in it and you have soup in a minute.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Pasta & sauce. I also toss in a cup of frozen veggies, the small cubed ones.

Tuna mornay www.taste.com.au/recipes/25375/tuna+mornay it's reasonably quick - the time in the oven I tidy, or bath & change the kids before dinner etc. And I add tinned corn, omit the celery cos I don't eat it & bread, again toss in frozen veg to bulk it up.

Scrambled eggs on toast. (With baked beans if we have them) breakfast for dinner is good, heck cereal is not unheard of in my house for dinner.

omelettes with cheese, tuna & tinned corn.

We have a George Forman grill so lamb chops, chicken breast/thigh, steak & some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese/feta cubes, olives. If I have a free hand I'll make the dressing myself otherwise a store bought salad dressing.

Ummmmmmm and I tend to have a freezer full of oven bake easy meals from aldi "just in case" everything goes down the crapper that day with my 8 month old & 4 year old and we just need full bellies and don't care about nutritional content.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I also do the asparagus and salmon pasta but add ricotta for sauce.

Tortillas in sandwich press - tortilla, sprinkle over grated cheese, frozen spinach (mushroom if desired) and cook

Extreme easy toddler food - boil pasta, add tin tuna, frozen veg and handful grated cheese

I also find any soup quick and easy, chop up veg (ie broccoli, or pumpkin... Use up what you have) add potato, onion , cook in stock then blend with stick blender. I just chop very roughly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Taste.com has a collection of 15 minute meals
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/coll...5+minute+meals

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (18-11-2012)