+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Sort of spin off* Plastic surgery fake

Something that someone said about being an imposter in the "Too fake" thread reminded me of something that I had wondered for ages but never thought to ask.

If you have had plastic surgery to correct, for example, your nose or sticky outy ears or something, does the new you identify as having the great nose, or cute little ears? Or does your old appearance stay with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: *Sort of spin off* Plastic surgery fake

That's an interesting question! I haven't had any surgery done, but I have gone from having blond hair to blacky red hair in a day. The first few times you see yourself in the mirror it's a bit of a surprise, but you get used to it. I would imagine it wouldn't be that different with a new nose.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: *Sort of spin off* Plastic surgery fake

I still don't recognise myself after weight loss and i only lost about 15 kilos.

No idea on surgery though

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if the 'new' you reflects how you feel on the inside then it'd be pretty easy to adjust. Like people who've had a gender change for example. Of course it would still take some adjusting, but deep down they've always felt like their new gender and so would find themselves able to feel like their real self.

Sorry, im rambling.

ETA I think if the surgery was toed up in self esteem issues then adjusting would probably harder because although you want to look a certain way, your true opinion of yourself probably won't match up with that image straight away.
    Last edited by WineTime; 18-11-2012 at 22:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my nose redone. And I LOVE it!! I definately do recognise it. I have found my self esteem go up so much since getting it done. I had the most ghastly nose before. It was long, with a big bump in the middle and stuck out like a beak. I got teased about it all my life and I hated being in photos. So i got it done.. Hurt like hell. lol, and i was bruised and black like i'd been bashed with a baseball bat. Recovery wasn't easy either. But soon as the cast came off I was stunned at the new nose. It was unreal. I have never ever had any more hiccups about it again. It no longer dominates my self esteem either.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (18-11-2012),Izy  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default *Sort of spin off* Plastic surgery fake

I would expect that after a lifetime of having that body part it would be hard to feel like a person who was just born with it, kwim?

I know that my weight loss has just made me smaller not changed entire parts of my body... But I find it hard to see myself as anything other than how I was a lot of the time so expect that I'd feel similarly with a new nose or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IF I had better boobs(mine are stuffed from a genetic disease and saggy from going from A to D cup BF) I probably would change as I am fairly fit but my boobs make me uncomfortable as I cannot wear what I want haha.

I would probably change the way I look completely and change the way people see me as I would be less tame and more unacceptable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (18-11-2012)