+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am I the only scabby parent who buys my kids PJs as part of their present and makes them wait until Christmas day to get them??
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 11-11-2013 at 20:05.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (11-11-2013),Tazzy  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrw6 View Post
    We drive around looking at all the lights. I’ll watch all my favourite Christmas movies on the lead up to Christmas and on Christmas Eve we’ll have a sherry and watch a Christmas movie before bed. First thing Christmas morning is a glass of sherry and a mince pie (homemade) while we open presents.

I had little bubs October of last year and we went to the West End Brewery Riverbank Christmas Light Display http://www.weekendnotes.com/west-end...ights-display/ opposite the Entertainment Centre in Adelaide. I’ll think we’ll do that every year now marking a new tradition. It was magical.

I’ll also read her Twas the Night Before Christmas when I put her to bed every Christmas Eve also marking a new tradition.

We always went to the Brewery lights as kids and I distinctly remember the stench of yeast!! Lol!

We do the Xmas eve box and watch the carols on TV Xmas eve

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Last year I made salt dough ornaments with DS1 and I'm going to continue that as a tradition with both boys.

We always make shortbread and go see Santa.

I've never done the one present on Christmas eve because we always have dinner and presents with my Dad's family that night and then go light looking.

We went and cut our own tree last year so hopefully that will be a tradition. DS2 loved going around and finding the perfect one!

Every year we watch Christmas movies all of December. I started early this year and we watched Arthur Christmas today

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Am I the only scabby parent who buys my kids PJs as part of their present and makes them wait until Christmas day to get them??
    we always used to get new pj's and new underwear every year we used to love it. mum and dad still gave us pj's into our early 20's.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each Xmas morning, DP and I have a seafood and champagne breakfast while dd1 plays with all her new stuff. later in the day after I have had lunch and dinner ill have a nap and wake up and watch national lampoons Christmas vacation.

on Boxing Day I sit in my undies (well, since having kids i do wear pants, but pre kids no pants were worn on boxing day!) eat trifle and brandy butter for breakfast and watch the cricket. I'm such a catch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing 4 later

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing :-)

Sent from my GT-P7320T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a few:
    Go to the city (Sydney) at night during the week before Christmas to see the Martin Place tree and Myer windows.
    DD and I bake cookies on Xmas eve to leave out for Santa.
    Dinner with my immediate family on Xmas eve, then home to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushie Parent View Post
    Each Xmas morning, DP and I have a seafood and champagne breakfast while dd1 plays with all her new stuff. later in the day after I have had lunch and dinner ill have a nap and wake up and watch national lampoons Christmas vacation.

on Boxing Day I sit in my undies (well, since having kids i do wear pants, but pre kids no pants were worn on boxing day!) eat trifle and brandy butter for breakfast and watch the cricket. I'm such a catch
    You made me laugh!

Think I might start the champagne thing this year too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My family when I was young, couldn't afford decorations, so we used to cut up borchures/newspapers we got in the mail and made paper chains. It kind of became a tradition to keep making them every year even if we eventually got the fancy stuff.
    I do it now with Ds1, and he enjoys getting involved.

I have started also collecting a special bauble or decoration to put on the tree each year.

We usually let the boys open a present before bed on Xmas eve, which is usually an xmas story and pjs, that we read and let them sleep in for Xmas