+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Christmas is coming....what's your special 'tradition'

I asked her about it once....she just smiled and said "well you never know!". Ha! I so know!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Resurrecting this old post for new ideas

I saw something today that we might start doing - on Xmas eve, DS can open a present and it will have new pjs, a DVD, and a treat (probably some popcorn or a freddo) and we'll snuggle up and watch the DVD that night.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (12-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyRain View Post

I saw something today that we might start doing - on Xmas eve, DS can open a present and it will have new pjs, a DVD, and a treat (probably some popcorn or a freddo) and we'll snuggle up and watch the DVD that night.
    I saw that too! A Christmas Eve box. I am also going to start that this year

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm stealing Biscottis one about the kids buying a new ornament each year!
    We do
    - we get Santa photos done individually and then with all the cousins and put them all up on the mantle piece ( fun looking back over the years!)
    - make gingerbread men cookies and leave some for Santa with milk
    - leave carrots and water for reindeer ( I do hoof prints that he discovers the next morning!)
    - we read the night before Xmas every night in December ( DS loves it!)
    - all my nieces and brother and sister /partners and my parents all come over early ( we alternate between my house and mums) usually 6 am and we all open presents together - only the kids ( and my dad!) get Santa sacks which they open first them we all do one present at a time ( because of all the people we have heaps to open which the kids love!)
    - we ALL have Santa hats with our name on them we all have to wear Xmas morning
    - we watch those old frosty and Rudolph cartoon movies while getting lunch ready
    - have Xmas pudding and custard for dessert Xmas lunch and find money in it that Santa left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm adopting a new tradition this year which I saw on Facebook, a Christmas Eve box which has Christmas pjs, Christmas movie, Christmas treats and a Christmas book to read that you give on Christmas Eve.

Eta: oops should have read it's already been mentioned

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013),Topaztigerlillyxxx  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyRain View Post

I too saw this and will start that in a couple of years when my boys can actually open presents.

As my twins were born in May, this is their first Christmas. I am going to start a tradition of imprinting their hands on card then putting their name and the year and laminating, attaching ribbon and making a decoration for the tree. Then I'm going to do it on 1st December every year.

Will be great to see the change in the size of their hands over the years

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (12-11-2013),IvyRain  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh I forgot this year we are also going to the Xmas tree farm to pick our tree and Santa ( my dad!) calls DS Xmas eve !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christmas is coming....what's your special 'tradition'

We don't have kids yet, but do have our own little traditions just the two of us!
    We have hot chocolates and go looking at all the lights at least once the week before Christmas, generally twice.
    We make our own hot pretzels with butter and have Lindt hot chocolates to watch a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve.
    Over the years that we had a pool it was tradition to do the nudie Christmas Eve night swim!
    We always start Christmas Day with a glass of champagne.
    When we do have children, I'm going to start the tradition of giving them new pjs every Christmas Eve. Nice new pjs for Christmas morning photos!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some others that we do:

We each have Santa sacks with our names on them and they're quite big hessian sacks so all our presents go in there.

We get a new board game each year as a family present.

We go and check out the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood at least once before Xmas, sometimes more.

We read The Night Before Christmas on Xmas eve.

Our neighbourhood has a street party each year which is good fun usually held a week or few nights before Xmas.

---

I love the ornament and Christmas photo ideas! My DS is only 1, but I took him to the Magic Cave at David Jones for a photo last year and will do the same each year - it'll be great to pick out an ornament and put the photos up each year also can't wait for DS to be older so we can leave snacks out for Santa and the reindeer and things like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do the new ornament every year and a Christmas DVD & a board and is given as a family gift on Christmas Eve.
    We also sleep together and eat stone fruits for dinner

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (10-11-2013)