+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: What do your kids call YOUR step parents?

Just by step mum's name. I didn't think about using anything else tbh, as my DS is the first grandchild so she was just known by her first name to me and my eldest brother. But i think when my DD comes along I might ask her if she would like to be known as nanna 'name' or something instead. I feel a bit bad for never asking her, all the other grandparents names were sort of just assigned depending on what *their* parents were called, but i call stepmum's mum by her first name, too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My step dad is known as poppy *insert name here* and my step mum is just called by her first name - might change when my step sister has a baby in the next month - she is also called 'aunty *name* by my dd. I get along well with all steppies so doesnt bother me too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    My step mum was the only one out of 4 (at the time now 5) grandparents to want the title grandma. My mum is nan and the kids dads step mum, mum and my nan are nanna (insert name) and my now DP's step mum (his mum died) is called Oma.

The men... My dad is grandad (his parents great grandma and great grandad) The kids dads dad is Poppy and my partners dad is Opa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do your kids call YOUR step parents?

My kids call my step-mum GranDeb as her name is Debbie. My dad is Grandad.

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum is Nanny to my stepsisters boys and my sisters daughter. My stepdad is poppy to them. They have also agreed to be called that by my stepdaughter. My dad is grandpa I think. But he tried telling me that my at the time 1yo (she's now 3) stepdaughter had to call him Mr *surname*. I was so angry and upset when he told me that, but I think it will change once my bub is born... I don't want anything different between my child and my stepdaughter. What's good for my child is good for my stepdaughter. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hubby & my parents are both divorced & all bar my mum have remarried! My mum is Nanny. Hubbys mum & her hubby are Grandma & Pa. My dad is Poppa & his wife is Nanny "her name" (only nanny 1st coz she has a granddaughter who already called her Nanny). Hubbys dad is Poppy & his wife is Nanny "her name". It gets confusing sometimes lol but my son (2yrs) generally calls the step Nannys by their name rather than nanny, because its what he can pronounce =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    My mum is Nanny to my stepsisters boys and my sisters daughter. My stepdad is poppy to them. They have also agreed to be called that by my stepdaughter. My dad is grandpa I think. But he tried telling me that my at the time 1yo (she's now 3) stepdaughter had to call him Mr *surname*. I was so angry and upset when he told me that, but I think it will change once my bub is born... I don't want anything different between my child and my stepdaughter. What's good for my child is good for my stepdaughter. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    My step son calls all four of my parents (M, D, SM and SD) by their first name. I'd feel really weird him calling them anything else.
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 18-11-2012 at 21:31.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

My dads life is just called by her name

My mums husband is pop ( I'm fine with this mum and him were together before the kids were born and he is a fantastic pop, puts way more effort in having a relationship with the kids then there "real" pops )

Thanks
    Reviews

Both my parents are remarried. Even though I use my Stepdads first name he is grandpa and I would never dream of it being anything else! And my step mum I call mum (became step mum when I was 2 and they had custody) is nana or nanny, whichever version comes out!
    So we have:
    Gan gan and grandpa
    Nana and grandad
    Pop (DD in the process of changing it to poppa coz she likes the sound) and granny.

All I really cared was that they all chose which version they would like to be called and thankfully they all chose differently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

They call my stepdad Pa, and my dads wife by her real name. When we were pregnant we asked them what they felt comfortable being called and dads wife refused to be called anything except her name "because she has no relationship to the baby". Whatevs- can't stand the woman any way so im perfectly happy with the arrangement lol (and as it turns out my kids have never met her anyway).