+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do your kids call YOUR step parents?

Just wondering, when you or your partner come from a step family do your kids call your step parent grandma/ grandpa , or use first names or other title?
    Last edited by tea&toast; 17-01-2013 at 22:56. Reason: deleted personal information

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What do your kids call YOUR step parents?

My step mum refers to herself as nanna.

I vomit quietly on the inside when she does.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't have step-parents, but my Dad did remarry for a while.

I introduced his wife as *her name* to DD, but if they had been together longer I wouldn't have cared if she referred to her by a grandmother-type name (probably would have been "Lola" I think as she was Filippino, and I'm pretty sure that's the word for grandmother).

I don't trust that my father will ever have a long-lasting relationship though, and right now I'm not even that happy with his choice of partner, so if DD ever meets this woman (not the wife I mentioned above, the woman he left her for) she won't be calling her anything to do with grandmother. Just her name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My kids call my SD Pop and my SM Grandma.
    They are amazing and absolutely brilliant grandparents.
    Love them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My step dad is Poppy, as he is to all his grandkids.

My step mum is Nanna *First name* as the nanna title was my mums but she was already nanna to her other grandkids.

I am very happy with both of those titles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: What do your kids call YOUR step parents?

My stepmum is grandma to my kids and my step dad is Pa. We don't use the word step in my family at all - I refer to my step brother and sisters as just my brother and sisters.

I think my step mum and dad would be so offended if they were referred to as step grandparents. They have been there since before my kids were born, so as far as I am concerned there is no step there For them

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My kids call my step dad Ronnie, their fathers step dad Graham but call their step dad's mum and step dad nanna Debbie and poppy. We have no issue as they chose on their own what to call them all

Thanks
    Reviews

My stepmother calls herself Grandma and my Stepfather calls himself Pop. I don't mind, they've been in my life since I was very young.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nana and Poppy. One set that I'm not close to is poppy *first name* and nana *first name*. They are nice people, I just haven't had much to do with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My parents both got remarried. Dd calls my step dad 'grandpa'. My step mum is referred to by her first name but we sometimes add 'grandma' on the front.
    To me it came down to the fact that my step dad is very much involved in every aspect of dd's life so it was important dd see him as a grandpa.
    We just picked different names for all the grandparents so she wouldn't get confused as she has so many of them.